Anonymous

Is working a part time job with not reliable hours ok ? ?

I want to know if I could do any better . I get paid 15.00 an hour but the hours aren’t the same every week .  I do get paid every week tho . But my pay checks are around 169-260 a week . 

The only thing is that my hours aren’t reliable some weeks I’ll work 2-3 days sometimes 5 days .depends on there current needs.

• At least you have a job, if you like the job then it's okay. If it's a job like retail or fast food then that's typical for those jobs. You work when they need you to work. If you want to do better then start applying for jobs that have more regular hours and better pay.

• Scott

It wouldn't be okay for me. I have no idea if it's okay for you.

Ok for what? For a high school or college kid working part time, it's great. For an adult trying to pay rent, not so much (unless you've got another full time job you're working on top of that). Context matters a lot here. No one knows your specific situation enough to be of any kind of help. 

Its ok with me. Does not bother me one bit.

It appears you have plenty of time to search for a better job without having to take time off.  You are the best one to judge if a job change would be better or not.

You can't afford much on that pay.

Yes because you still do get money as long as you are working at a specific place