Sage asked in PetsDogs · 8 months ago

Why does everyone hate on pit bulls ?

I have a pit bull and have been growing up with one. This dog is the cutes sweetest animal I have ever met. If I’m having a bad day he’ll run up to me and cuddle. If you ask for a kiss he’ll give you one. What’s so wrong about a pit bull?

Attachment image

47 Answers

Relevance
  • Nathan
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

There's nothing wrong, it's just a stigma. The same stigma was adopted by German shepherds before pitbulls - pitbulls are the #1 Nanny dog, so it really isn't accurate to label them as children killers.

It's the owners responsibility to ensure they are well cared for, and to know their limits. Some dogs of every breed don't get along with children, which is understandable, so if the owner forces the dog to be near children they may feel attacking is the only way out - this is the same for adults too. It's just that pitbulls are much stronger then the average dog, so they do more damage.

• e9601:
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

My two kids were raised with these sweet dogs. It's the owners fault if the dog is bad.

• 8 months ago

Most pitbulls will be sweet and loving.  However, even the best natured pitbull has an instinct to kill small animals.  My friend's pitbull was amazing but he got out and tore a poodle apart in front of its family. Cost the family a hefty sum.

• 8 months ago

I honestly don’t know. I think they are just any ordinary dog. (Love that picture) I have a Doberman, which, also has a lot of dislikes, but that is only because of how much they look. He does not look scary when you meet him. Just, don’t be his “bad guy”

Attachment image
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

I hate those violent mongrels!

• 8 months ago

They're ugly as f*ck, for starters.

• 8 months ago

pit bulls are so cute :(

• 8 months ago

Well..... For one, they are the dogs that have had more human fatalities than any other breed/dog.

Human fatalities!! More than any other but is closely followed by the Rottweiler. Both on the BSL list for a reason.

I am glad you got one of the good ones.

• 8 months ago

These aggressive, ill-bred mutts are responsible for around 70% of dog-related deaths.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

It was an afghan that bit my child's leg so hard it split. Pit bulls are big enough to do that and some have already done so.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.