Is it transphobic to refuse to date a transgender person?

38 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Nope. Unless you’re only not dating them BECAUSE they’re trans. Genital preference is fine as well, but like...if you like this girl but then find out she’s trans and ditch her? That’s rough homie.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No , if your being told that then you need to tell them your rights as a human 

• 1 month ago

Of course not. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. As long as you dont refuse to date them in a harsh manner, its fine. Just be polite about it :)

• 1 month ago

no, does it make me homophobic if I refuse to date someone that is the same sex?

I don't date someone of the same sex as I am because I don't have sexual or intimate attraction to the same sex 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

no in fact it is healthy because ur childes will become dead

• Tyler
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

???????????

• 1 month ago

Everyone has preferences, but it's good to stay open-minded.

• 1 month ago

No, it is a matter of preference, I don't want to date a person that has the same "assets" that I have. That makes me normal. Because I only see 2 genders in accordance to Science.

• 1 month ago

No its not everyone has there own preferences.

• 1 month ago

No it is not.

Everyone has the right to seek out who they like, you have the right to say thank but no thank you if someone makes advances on you, transphobic is about treating someone negatively simply because they are trans, so in the example of saying no thank you, the person would then give the trans person grief for being trans either directly or indirectly.

• 1 month ago

I think the only honest answer is whether you believe that such a person is the gender they claim to identify with, although I have to ask; since when does someone other than the person making that choice have the right to decide what they can or can't do?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.