Jason asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Do the Democrats want to take away guns from gun owners?

60 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely, and based on the continued STEEP reduction in the number of mass shootings and gun-related deaths in recent years, I think they're almost there!  Of course, they can't take all the credit, it was the strong bi-partisan support of Republicans particularly after the deaths of children at Newtown where they decided as parents & grandparents to tell the NRA enough was enough.  

But, ultimately, it would have never been possible for Democrats to do w/o the leadership of President Hillary Rodham Clinton. Without her Executive Order voiding Posse Comitatus & ordering the military's domestic involvement in the collection and simultaneous arrest of those in non-compliance and/or deemed by Democrats to be "militia members", it would NOT have been achievable from either a legal or logistical standpoint to remove approximately 100 million individual guns/firearms previously considered to be the private property of tax-paying citizens protected by a Constitution for which hundreds of thousands have died.  And, who could forget the peripheral economic benefit from taking away the guns such as the creation of thousands of high paying smelter jobs for illegal immigrants and convicted felons along with the thousands and thousands of tons of recycled steel which was; donated to 3rd world countries in Africa, used to construct safe foot bridges for easy access across the Rio Grande into Texas from Mexico, and to construct a monument in Washington D.C. in recognition of the Great Gun Take Away of Democrats.While there may be a handful of Democrats who want to "take away guns" and few more who don't think you need something that fires 100 rounds a second, it makes ZERO difference b/c it is impossible---absolutely impossible to do.  Both legally and logistically.  Think about the ridiculousness of my example and imagine the process of attempting the collecting of 100 million or whatever the actual number of individual firearms there are in the U.S.   Also, Second & possibly 4th amendment aside, Republicans, nor conservative/rural Democrats are NEVER EVER going to pass any policy restricting guns....period.  If children getting killed at Newtown didn't do it, nothing will.  Other than possibly even more and/or a greater frequency of mass shootings, nothing will ever change with guns.         

• ...Show all comments
    • M-take just a second, mute Fox News & read the entire comment. B/c I'm guessing you stopped @ Newtown in 1st paragraph & didn't read what followed which while conversely to that of a Mindless Robot, I would think you would appreciate the irony & impossibility of the example provided. Get back w/ me!

• 1 month ago

Yes in michigan killing rate too high

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Democrats: “We have no desire to take away your guns.”

Also Democrats: “Hell yes, we are going to take away your guns.”

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Unlikely. Many Dems own guns. 

• Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

"Do as I SAY, not as I DO."

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

440,000 deaths from medical mistakes and your doctor kills way more people than any mad gunman.They could raise the legal driving age just two years and save ten times as many lives and a huge amount of carbon emissions.

• 2 months ago

I am a democrat leaning independent and I have no fear of guns being taken by anyone

• 2 months ago

Well this is what we lead the civilized world in gun violence and mass shootings and we lead the civilized world in gun per capita......lol you tell me what you think the link between the two is …...

• 2 months ago

No. There's never been a point in time where the Democratic party wanted to restrict all guns. The point of gun control is to decrease the amount of weapons being sold, like automatics where the only intention of the weapon is to kill mass amounts of people. Think about it, why would a civilian ever have a need to use that many bullets?

• ...Show all comments
    • James
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

If our government became the bad guys and started shooting us , then we would have to defend ourselves . Unbelievable , yes , Possible , yes .

• P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That is just a lie spread by the NRA and the extreme right.  The constitution protects gun rights.  Democrats want common sense controls to make it harder for criminals and mentally ill from getting guns. 

• ...Show all comments
    • P
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Are you so ignorant to not understand that mornic politicians on both sides, say all kinds of statements that are about as feasible as making pigs fly to get votes?  The point is republicans will vote against any kind of common sense gun regulation.  

• al
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Yes, because they are Nazi's!!!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.