Should i get a second opinion?

My little girl has a fever of 103 and is coughing... and really tired. i took her to the cvs minute clinic and the dr there said that she has a cold. i really don't think she has just a cold. should i take her to get a second opinion?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There are no medical doctors at a CVS Minute Clinic. There are only pharmacists, and pharmacists can't diagnose. Take her to a REAL doctor and find out what's making her sick.  

A fever of 101.3 to 102.2 degrees Fahrenheit is a very high fever for a small child. Your daughter has a fever of 103 degrees and is coughing. 

• 2 months ago

Take her to hospital...............

• 2 months ago

Take her to the ER.  Kids are very unpredictable.

• 2 months ago

It's your time and money pumpkin.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

take her to an urgent clinic, or the ER

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you need too take her too a hospital

• 2 months ago

You can be almost certain she has an upper respiratory tract infection that is either the cold or the flu.  The high fever suggest flu more than a cold, and  raises the possibly of a bacterial infection such as strep throat (if she also has a sore throat).  Given the high fever, it might be a good idea to take her to a different clinic and have her tested for the flu, and strep if warranted.   You could wait until later in the day to see if the fever subsides a bit.  If the fever breaks at least once per day and doesn't get any higher, she is probably doing as good as can be expected for a flu infection.   I would take her immediately if she has any of the following:  headache, nausea, worsening fever, stiff neck, or sore throat; or wait until later in the day if she does not have any of these things. 

• Charlotte2 months agoReport

That's the thing that throws me off... she doesn't have a sore throat. Ugh. Her glands aren't swollen either. She just has a cough and a fever. My hubby says that it's just a cold and i should wait it out, but i don't think it's just a cold. Especially with a fever. 

• 2 months ago

Don't you have health insurance? A family physician? If not, you need to get one, or you will spend a fortune at these urgent care clinics. You can help your daughter yourself, to some extent, by feeding her vitamin C (like the "Emergen-C" packets that you add to water and they fizz and taste like soda pop and Sweet Tarts). Don't feed her drinks with sugar in them. That will make it worse. If she starts having difficulty breathing, then get her to the ER, any hospital ER, or if you have health insurance, one in your network. She may have pneumonia. Especially if her fever gets higher. You can also help your daughter by getting some Vicks Vapo-rub and applying it to her chest, along with a small towel to cover it (so it won't get all over her clothes), so she can breathe the vapors. A steam humidifier can also help. It worked when I was a child.

• 2 months ago

Minute clinics are NPs, and very limited. Take her to a full UC, sounds more like the flu, they can test.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.