My bought carrots & put them in the fridge must have been a cold part as they froze, are they still good to eat if I cook them ?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • IvaB
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

If the carrots are all wimpy and stuff after you defrost them,they would still be great for carrot soup (which I really like,and make fairly often).

• 10 months ago

All that's lost is the crunch. Water freezes, cells break down and the veggie is no longer crisp.

• 10 months ago

Yes. They may be a little on the mushy side but are safe to eat.

• 10 months ago

Yes they are fine.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • GFH
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

Yes, you can certainly cook the frozen carrots.  Also, carrots can also be found in the frozen food section of grocery stores. 

• Speed
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Yes, they'll be fine, and perfectly safe. When they thaw they'll have a slightly different texture, but on cooking you won't even be able to tell.

FWIW, the very back of the fridge can do this, so pay attention to what ends up there. I once had a canned soft drink explode when it froze. Fun times...

• 10 months ago

Good is relative. Are they OK to eat? Probably. Will they be tasty? Probably not. Freezing veggies desiccates them. Your carrots are unlikely to be juicy when you thaw them.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

They are fine .

• 10 months ago

I suggest you let your carrots thaw and then proceed to wash em

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

They should be just fine.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.