Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

Will something bad happen if you shower every day with the coldest water for months in a row?

I understand that it is natural and refreshing to take cold showers. But will this do something bad to your body if you shower with the coldest water for a long enough time, like a few months?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Generally, nothing will happen but maybe for some people, it will cause either negative or positive effects.   Exposure to cold water can possibly benefit people by improving peripheral blood circulation.  However, too much cold water exposure damages peripheral nerves and peripheral blood vessels.  The potential benefits are really tiny while the potential damage can be very severe.   I worked for years in cold water and me and nearly everyone i worked with developed nerve damage in their hands and feet.  

• Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nothing 'bad' is going to happen to you, if you take cold showers every day. Back in the days before showers and bath tubs were a common fixture in a home, people bathed outside in cold streams or ponds.  The only thing that 'happened' to them was they got clean.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You need warm/hot water once in a while to get really clean.

• 2 months ago

It's NATURAL????? No, it's anything but natural.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

There is a true story about a guy back in WWII days who did that, and it allowed him to become immune to the effects of hypothermia in frigid waters.  When his ship went down in icy waters, he survived when few (or no) others did.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, there's a YouTube video on a guy who did that for a year with no negative effects. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.