what kind of warranty does a used 2006 jeep have on when you buy it at a dealership?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I had a Jeep once (2000). It ws falling to bits at 3 years old , so good luck with a 14 year old one. Warranty could be "sold as seen".

• 1 month ago

Probably none. 30 days maybe.

• 1 month ago

You'd better think twice about buying a Jeep unless it's a new one with a factory warranty. Used cars don't usually have a warranty unless you pay thousands for an aftermarket "extended" warranty, and those are a ripoff.

• 1 month ago

That depends on if it's sold as a "certified" used vehicle or as is.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

None, that would be an "as is" sale and marked "as is" in the window sticker. Some dealers will give you a 30 day parts warranty but you pay the labor for the repair. Don't trust any dealer, make them put it up on a lift and inspect it yourself or bring a mechanic friend with you. Get under it and check everything you can from leaks to U joints. A 2006 Jeep will surly have some hidden issues. Check every switch and accessory yourself, don't count on the dealer to certify it for you as that's your responsibility when you purchase a used unit from any car lot. Make sure you check the A/C in their shop where it's warm because you can't test that when the vehicle is outdoors at 0F temperatures.

The last used unit I purchased had a bad fuel pump and backup sensors, I made them put in writing that they were responsible to fix the problems I discovered and they did. Again, get that written down before you give them the check or sign any loan agreement.

A friend of my wife just got screwed by one of the wholesale used car lots here where they give a 10 day return policy, then they couldn't look at the cars transmission problem until 11 days had passed at their convenience. Then the wife's friend was stuck with a Dodge caravan with the trashed transmission and car payments for a broken vehicle. They paid for the rebuilt trans-axle and charged her $1,300 to warranty install it.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

None! Some dealers will give you 30 or 90 days, but if you want a WARRANTY, you're going to pay extra for it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

About a month.  And a day or two after,  all the CELs that were cleared will all show up.  Just hope that there are no transmission codes.  Good luck.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depends but I wouldn't count on them actually paying for anything.

• 1 month ago

i would ask a dealership this question

• 1 month ago

You are going to have a lot of problems with a 14 year old jeep. You might get a 30 day warranty, or maybe not.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.