I don't get why Americans think hard-work is a good thing?

I already worked very, very hard in High School

by taking AP classes. I passed AP Calculus 1,

AP Calculus 2, AP US History, AP World History.

AP Spanish, AP Chemistry, AP Biology, AP English

...only to be told college-classes are even harder. 

What a rip-off. I did not come to this 

earth to work myself down to the bone. 

I'm already burned out and 

I've only completed one year

of college. 

Your thoughts?

Favorite Answer

Beats me. I’ve been wondering the same thing. I mean, working hard is good but when it’s to the point where I can’t have a life or even a decent amount of sleep, then it’s just too much. And all jobs in America are like that unfortunately!

Because the economy is trash and we've been pushed to believe that college is the only way to success- it's not. Trade jobs are usually paid well and have good benefits. 

I took AP courses in high school and I can tell you from my own experience that college classes aren't necessarily harder. I have taken way more easier courses than hard ones at my college, and I go to a prestigious university. What makes them hard sometimes is just the workload that you get from all your courses and shitty teachers. If you have good time management skills its generally doable. It gets stressful, but its not necessarily "harder". This will obviously change depending on your major and which subjects you prefer. I had to take two years of physics, chemistry, and up to calc 2. The hardest was chem, but I hate chem so that's why. 

The 100 level courses tend to be the hardest because 100 level professors feel the need to make it seem like their class is challenging and not an "easy bs A" grade so they will assign you a ridiculous amount of work and even though the material is easy, the work loud out the bum makes it hard. Use rate my professor. 

Poor baby.  Gotta grow up sometime.  Work yourself down to the bone?  Drama queen.

Poor Snowflake.  There's always fast food as a career.

cause it is a good thing

Grow a pair and toughen up. Life is in fact hard. You will be better prepared than a lot of the dimwits who start college and you can watch them drop out because they can't handle it. And college is not necessarily harder than AP classes.

cause it gets you places

you're talking about school not a job 

You have zero life experience. Go work in a back breaking job where you have to provide for your family or go see the world and appreciate how good we have it here in the US. You will get no sympathy from me buddy.

That's not work that's school