brooke asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

Does this sound like a type of virus or something more serious?

Ok so I know I can’t get a diagnosis on here and I’m not looking for one I just want to see what you guys think. (I’m going to doctor tomorrow if it’s still happening regardless). Anyways I woke up in the night last night with bad stomach pain and I ended up having diarrhea. It wasn’t super watery just like mushy poop that came out in a pile (gross I know lol) that happened twice until I fell asleep. So today I didn’t have any more diarrhea but I’ve had a small headache all day and when I peed today at work (this is what’s concerning me) little chunks of green mucus came out after pushing because I felt like I had to have a bowel movement when I sat down. It was just green mucus. Then if that wasn’t bad enough when I wiped there was mucus on the toilet paper with blood (Same colour as period blood, not dark, but seeing any blood is concerning to me). The blood is what’s concerning me. There was no blood in the toilet, just toilet paper. I feel ok today (other than having a mild headache all day) and the odd little cramp) I don’t feel sick and I’m still eating. This all happened at once. I’m just wondering if this sounds like a type of virus or more serious? I’ve also struggled with constipation for a while if that helps anything.

And like I said. I know I can’t get a diagnosis on here and I will be going to a doctor tomorrow or the next day, just googled my symptoms now I’m more worried because of what I read, lol. Has this ever happened to you? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the answers. I felt 100% better the next day and have had no more issues. I forgot that my period was due the day after this all happened so I’m thinking that’s where the blood on the toilet paper came from and I didn’t put 2 and 2 together. Glad I’m feeling better now 

What have you eaten just before this reaction?  That could be the cause of your problem. You certainly have had enough symptoms and I am glad you will be seeing a M.D.  

only a doctor can tell you what you have so you'll find out tomorrow, if you want to ask this question on healthtap.com a real doctor will email you back

• Frank

Mucus mean INFECTION. So...you have an infection of some kind. You are seeing a doctor...and if you are NOT in pain...you can wait.

• brooke2 months agoReport

Thank you, I’m not in pain which gives me a bit of hope i guess lol