Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 8 months ago

Water heater leak. Please Help.?

How do you detach the 3/4 flex copper from the plastic tube? I could easily remove the cooper from the end of the water tank but dont know how to detach it from the white plastic tube. TIA.

Attachment image

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

    Saw it off, plastic water pipe sucks! The plastic fittings are permanent and must be sawed (chopped) out to reconnect more plastic with a special tool. You'll need a plumer with the tools to redue the plastic. I'll take copper pipe and a mapp gas torch over that PVC crap any day.

  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    It looks like a push fit fitting, all of which are demountable. Some have a prominent collar which you push back into the fitting to release it. Others need a plastic tool which fits the fitting. If you can't persuade it to part saw it off carefully with a small hacksaw. Cut diagonally, but not all the way through, then use a wide blade screwdriver to bust it apart. The easier way to reconnect is to use a flexible connector with demountable push fit ends. See link for UK example.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.