Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 10 months ago

can I wash my hair with mayonnaise and butter mixed with vinegar?

I heard it comes out well in the end like this

don't do it, it's nasty

If you want to but that sounds really nasty. Neither of those smells are pleasant.

• Laura

Mayo will moisturize your hair.  Butter will just make it greasy.  Vinegar will make it smell weird. 

None of these will actually clean your hair. 

Your hair will be greasy and the residue will be impossible to wash away. Vinegar and mayo will make your hair and scalp stink. Butter and mayonnaise both turn rancid at room temperatures and there will be enough left in your hair even after rinsing that your hair will stink even more.

Real shampoo and conditioners are better for your hair. Gentle shampoos clean without damage and conditioners add a protective layer, smooth the strand, and add shine without the grease and without the stench.

• Wash your hair with what ever makes it feel clean.

Personally I think shampoo does a better job of cleaning my hair then that. 

• Sky

That sounds like the worst recipe for potato salad ever.

Only if you want to smell really awful

.

Mayonnaise already has vinegar in it so you can skip it, but add some cinnamon for a nice pleasant scent.