Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 10 months ago

Where do you stay on your wedding night besides home? and do you only stay there the one night?

Depends on your post wedding plans. Some couples leave straight from the wedding venue to the honeymoon. Others postpone a honeymoon and just stay at home. It's all down to your specific desires.

I stayed at my mothers house the night before the wedding.

Home is best but I found most ppl stay in a hotel.  We went home.

• Ocimom

We delayed our honeymoon till the following year (Hawaii) but we did stay in a hotel overnight and not go home.

• drip

The norm was the wedding couple left right after the reception to go on their honeymoon.  Many couples still do that.

We got married , stayed at a hotel for the night then went back to our home for a week. Then left on our honeymoon. 

Most couples who don’t leave in the honeymoon immediately, usually do spend one or two nights in a hotel.  couples wouldn’t go back to their parent’s house. Especially on their wedding night,

Normally people go on their honeymoon... but you can stay home if you want. People can take anywhere from 1 night to a month on a honeymoon & go where ever they want and can afford. There are no rules.

• sarah

The venue I got married at had optional guest houses for the bride and groom, as well as any other out-of-town family or friends who were interested in renting them. They were only available for the night of the wedding, but I'm sure different venues have different rules.

You could really stay anywhere for as long as you wanted, as long as you have the money necessary to cover whatever the cost of staying there per day is. If you want to drive five minutes up the road and stay in a hotel there for two nights, go for it. If you're feeling adventurous and want to trek three hours to a bed-and-breakfast and not come home for a week, that's okay, too. Totally up to you.

• Kelly

We stayed at a hotel bridal suite for 1 night but had the room for 2 nights.  We lived separately and both of our houses were full of people staying there.

We hosted a brunch the day after the wedding and it was at the hotel we were at so it was convenient too.

• When I got married it was in a bridal suite of a hotel. We only stayed one night, if you need to stay for longer then it's up to you.

We stayed in a motel with a king sized water bed and a jacuzzi. We then went on honeymoon for a week