Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

What’s up with my eye ?

Hey does anyone know what’s going on with my eye? It’s a bump that keeps getting bigger and really red. It doesn’t hurt but it feels very warm/hot. I’m gonna get it checked out by doctor just wanted some options tho. 

Get someone to pop it using a clean needle. Don't forget to record it and put it up on utube. 

Google a sty. not a big deal.

What you’ve described is almost certainly a cyst. Probably resulting from infection getting in where you’ve been plucking eyebrow hairs.

You need to see a doctor. The first choice will be to pierce and drain the pus and to then give you antibiotics. If the cyst returns (fairly high chance) then minor surgery will be needed to aspirate (drain) it again but also to remove the cyst capsule (a sort of skin-like bag which surrounds the cyst). The cut will be really small and any minor surgical scar can hide along your eyebrow line.

You need to sort this out without delay as a fairly harmless infected cyst has the potential to cause sepsis which can sometimes be fatal. Don’t panic about it, but just make immediate arrangements to see your family doctor ASAP and in the meantime if it suddenly gets much larger and hotter then go to a hospital emergency room.

It's an infection.  This can lead to blindness if not treated immediately.  Tell your doctor you want this handled on a priority basis.

• lailla2 months agoReport

How soon my appointment is later in the day? It’s 1am right now... will I be okay for 10 or so hours 

• Sky

I tend to think what's pictured is a stye, but since those supposedly affect the eyelids and the picture shows a bump above the eyelid, my second guess is a cyst.

Looks like a hive, but if its not itching or hurting then idk what it could be