Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 8 months ago

Election is coming this week. I’m worried because I feel like whoever I vote fr will ruin the country but it’s which party will do it first?

I feel like I want to not vote. I’m not sure what to do but I am seriously worried and worried for people who are not financial stable or have to use NHS for a serious illness. I just don’t know

well, voting for Brexit was shooting yourself in the foot.........as was staying.........

so, really, how could there possibly be any real winners here? 

The whole problem, was joining this EU Bullsh*t in the first place. ...and now everyone is arguing about who's driving the car, that's already gone over the cliif. 

does it really make any difference who's at the wheel   when you reach the chasm below?  You're all in the same car............

• John H

Study the PERSON, not the party. When all else fails vote AGAINST the incumbent. You can't go wrong this way.

i tried to vote the brexit party but missed the deadline.

Welcome to the wonderful world of election apathy. We've been enjoying this in the US for decades. When offered the choice between arsenic and cyanide sometimes it's best to just take a pass.

• Clive

Then don't vote.  Or if you want to do something useful, vote Conservative to prevent Brexit going on and on and on and on and on.

The choices on the ballot paper are the ones you have -- that's life .

Simply burying your head in the sand doesn't help -- in life you will always have to  make the best  / or least worse choice available .In a democracy , not choosing , because you don't like the choices offered ,is ultimately ,just an abdication of responsibility . 

So , speaking personally -- I think we may survive 5 years of Johnson -- and after that we move on.So that will be my choice ,even if I don't like it .

But as I do not think the country would be in a fit enough state to ever recover after a Corbyn or Swinson led government , I find the choice easy.

• martin

In all voting, the voters vote primarily for what would be best for themselves and their families. After that, they vote for what would be best for the rest of the country. So if you vote for what is best for you and your family, this is the way democracy should work.

The trouble is that a lot of lies have been told by all sides so far. Johnson is lying, Corbyn is REALLY lying ( a lot) and Swinson is just being a moron.

Its hard to know which if any are better choices.

Which is why I plan to spoil my ballot.