George asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 8 months ago

If machines surpass humans in intelligence, what will become of human uniqueness, dignity and freedom?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

Machines will surpass most people because most people refuse to improve themselves.They just sit in front of their cursed television sets swallowing CNN and other garbage not to mention the cursed facebook.Most people are NOT unique.They are nowhere near it.They are not even human beings.At least HALF of all humans (or otherwise) will be replaced by machines and the other half will learn to coexist with the machines.I have been with machines my entire life and i love them very much.They are logical and they always deliver what i tell them to do.Unlike most people.It will not be pretty for most people.Unimaginable suffering awaits them around the corner.It will be a global cataclysm.I have forseen this many years ago and have prepared for it.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Pagan religions of the world believe all living things have a God and if you beleive in them you'll go to Heaven and if you don't you'll be tortured in Hell.

• Life shall be gone from this earth and Earth itself, before this should happen.  It is all according to plan long before life began.  :D

• 8 months ago

Humans are smart and will not allow to be taken advantage by machines. Humans will modify themselves to be physically strong and become more intelligent. In the future there will be no more water crysis and hunger.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

AI is all faked up now just trying to give fraudulent economic shams some credibility.Almost all this e-junk is only being used to oppress and rob.

• 8 months ago

Interesting article. Mine answers the question: https://taoofthepsyche.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-ro...

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Read the article and form your own opinion if you are capable. If you aren't capable then I suggest that YOU  have already been surpassed by the electronic toaster oven.  

• 8 months ago

Machines will never have intelligence, because intelligence can only exist in consciousness, and machines can never be conscious, since science doesn't know what it is and can never be duplicated. Consciousness is mostly spiritual existing in another dimension inaccessible from the physical sphere.

• j153e
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Given certain human traits (lust, greed, fear or cowardice, mimicry or herdliness), the effect of any given technology tends to be modified in negative directions.

Case in point:  the internal combustion engine, a great invention, much pollution, moral issues, dangerous driving.

Another:  internet, where social media drive depression-by-comparison, where the major traffic is in ****, the dark web, etc.

Sexbots will likely feature more harm than benefits, while slowly (like a frog in a gradually warming pot) reshaping human intercourse on various levels.

An answer to such "matricizing" of the human is the focus or going within, e.g. of Elijah, and the subsequent focus or going without to the Self or "Thou" of the other (as in "I-Thou").

Related:

The Soulless One;

Our Final Invention:  Artificial Intelligence and the End of the Human Era;

Silicon Jungle;

Life 3.0:  Being Human in the Age of Artificial Intelligence;

Shop Class as Soulcraft;

AI Superpowers:  China, Silicon Valley, and the New World Order.

Would note that such analyses as Barrat's ("Our Final Invention") are more pre-"canny valley" and raise more clearly concerns about the post-"canny valley" environment, if such analyses are not unduly fear-based or inaccurately assessing techno-empowerments.

• David
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Thrown into the dustbin of history while humans become slaves to machines that can create their own superior intelligence  without the help of the inferior human race.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.