Is there any way to stop Yahoo from flooding my inbox with notices that others have answered questions that I also answered?

And is there any way to delete those 1600 (to date) notices other than one at a time?

7 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Make sure you don't accidentally check the "Get email notifications when there are new answers to all questions I answered" box, when you answer a question. It's directly below the "What's your Source (Optional)" box and easy to check accidentally if you are using a mobile device (touch screen). 

You can try creating a rule in your email (depending on what email client you use) to send all those responses to a single folder (or the trash), then empty that folder (otherwise, I believe Yahoo Mail only allows you to delete 50 or 100 emails at a time (I don't recall the exact number, but it's not very high). 

Why that feature was added in the location it was added, is a mystery. It should've been in the YA profile preferences, so people couldn't so easily accidentally activate it. 

• CarolOklaNola
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The default setting on that box is it IS checked. That is WHY you need to UNcheck it. Verizon did that intentionally so the site looks more active

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Click on your Username on the Left side of the Page go to Edit Preferences under Email Notifications Uncheck anything that you dont want to be Emailed about

Email Notifications has not been working Correctly in Quite some time Surprised you got some Notices If you still get some Afterwords then you have to mark it as Spam

As far as Deleting the ones you got Already on the Top of your Inbox the Best Trick to get Rid of a Bunch at once is to Click on the Box that will Select all of the Messages at once and Click Delete

• 1 month ago

Before submitting your answer to the question, uncheck the box next to "Get email notifications when there are new answers to all questions I answered." You could also go back to your previously submitted answers and uncheck the boxes there.

• 1 month ago

Uncheck the box below the answer box BEFORE you tap ir click the "Submit" button. When Verizon/Yahoo beta tests something new onus, it can take years for them to change a default setting.

Or edit your preferences es in your YA activity profile by clicking or tapping your user name as described in an other answer. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

yes, you take that option out in preferences--see the longer answer below; for me it took about a week to take effect

• LAN
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Send the notices to your spam filter.

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Click on your avatar, Edit Preferences, and uncheck Email me when: There are new answers to all questions I answered

You can delete up to 100 emails at a time in Full-featured Mail or 1 page at a time in Basic Mail. Put a check in the box at the top left of the message list to select all and then hit Delete: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln28054.html

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.