Alexander asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 8 months ago

Is there any way to stop Yahoo from flooding my inbox with notices that others have answered questions that I also answered?

And is there any way to delete those 1600 (to date) notices other than one at a time?

• .

Make sure you don't accidentally check the "Get email notifications when there are new answers to all questions I answered" box, when you answer a question. It's directly below the "What's your Source (Optional)" box and easy to check accidentally if you are using a mobile device (touch screen). 

You can try creating a rule in your email (depending on what email client you use) to send all those responses to a single folder (or the trash), then empty that folder (otherwise, I believe Yahoo Mail only allows you to delete 50 or 100 emails at a time (I don't recall the exact number, but it's not very high). 

Why that feature was added in the location it was added, is a mystery. It should've been in the YA profile preferences, so people couldn't so easily accidentally activate it. 

• Daniel

Click on your Username on the Left side of the Page go to Edit Preferences under Email Notifications Uncheck anything that you dont want to be Emailed about

Email Notifications has not been working Correctly in Quite some time Surprised you got some Notices If you still get some Afterwords then you have to mark it as Spam

As far as Deleting the ones you got Already on the Top of your Inbox the Best Trick to get Rid of a Bunch at once is to Click on the Box that will Select all of the Messages at once and Click Delete

Before submitting your answer to the question, uncheck the box next to "Get email notifications when there are new answers to all questions I answered." You could also go back to your previously submitted answers and uncheck the boxes there.

Uncheck the box below the answer box BEFORE you tap ir click the "Submit" button. When Verizon/Yahoo beta tests something new onus, it can take years for them to change a default setting.

Or edit your preferences es in your YA activity profile by clicking or tapping your user name as described in an other answer. 

yes, you take that option out in preferences--see the longer answer below; for me it took about a week to take effect

• LAN

Send the notices to your spam filter.

• Sharon

Click on your avatar, Edit Preferences, and uncheck Email me when: There are new answers to all questions I answered

You can delete up to 100 emails at a time in Full-featured Mail or 1 page at a time in Basic Mail. Put a check in the box at the top left of the message list to select all and then hit Delete: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln28054.html