Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 8 months ago

Why do people who kill a pregnant woman gets arrested and be charged with double homicide when women are not when they commit abortion?

I am not condemning abortion. I am just thinking why these happens when unborn children are exterminated like that and the people who committed them will receive such consequences according to these respective laws?

Update:

*happen

Update 2:

@davidmi711: why did you suddenly assume? :(

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Because the woman wanted to have the child... and it isn't a strangers right to force a pregnancy or take away a pregnancy from a woman. It's the womans choice. If a woman gets pregnant and terminates the pregnancy before the child develops, it's a medical procedure where someone is making the decision over something in their own body. Someone murdering a pregnant woman and the baby she was planning on delivering wasn't within that person's right to do so. If conservatives actually can't make the distinction I'm extremely concerned :( Same as if you were to go get your tonsils removed and made an appointment with your doctor versus someone holding you down against your will and slitting your throat.

• J M
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

That is rare. In most cases the fetus is not considered a separate person.

• 8 months ago

Because the 'double homicide' is an extremely old law and abortion laws are in a constant state of flux.

• 8 months ago

A paradox. Half the country thinks that is not a human being in there.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Abortion is a medical decision made by the person themselves. Being murdered is not a decision one makes for oneself. Also, it allows to ensure longer prison terms.

Also, you do realize that if conservatives could, they would make abortion illegal and prosecute people who did them and got them?

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

2 Cor 4:4;1 John 5:19 jw.org

• 8 months ago

If the woman had one child in the womb when there was an abortion, that would be one death. If the woman had twins, then it might count as a double homicide.

Although, since there was no life to begin with, is there really a death? An aborted child doesn't have to suffer the pain of life, so in a way, it is a mercy.

• 8 months ago

False equivalency as there is no situation where both can happen.

A woman can not obtain an elective abortion once the fetus is viable. A person can not be charged with double homicide for killing a pregnant woman until the fetus is viable. There is not overlap.

"I am not condemning abortion." Of course you are. Too bad you feel the need to lie about your position as well.

• hamel5
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The states that would charge a double homicide have restricted legal abortion. Any procedures that are performed are legal

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.