cate asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

question about pill/protected sex?

Hi! I am on the combo pill called Lutera. I had sex last night I am expecting my "period" or withdrawal bleed any day since I started the placebo pills two days ago. However, the last active pill I took maybe 12 hours late. I had sex with a condom. He pulled out a minute or two before he ejaculated. What are the chances one/two days before expected period, on the pill, condom and pulling out ways before ejaculating. thanks!

• Edna
    Favorite Answer

You have nothing to be worried about. You have no reason to worry if you were 12 hours late taking one of the last "active" pills. 12 hours isn't going to matter, because you're taking the combination pill.

Birth control pills prevent ovulation from ever taking place.  Therefore, it's not necessary for you to use a condom (for pregnancy prevention) or for him to "pull out" if you're on the birth control pill. He can ejaculate inside you all he wants to, and you're still protected. 

You're completely protected against pregnancy during the 7 days you're taking the "inactive" pills. One month, you might begin a bleed on the 2nd day; the next month, maybe not until the 4th day. You never know; but it's going to start on one of those 7 days. 

Taking a pill 12 hours late is not bad.  And the extra protection of using the condom was assurance against any chance of pregnancy. No way of pregnancy occurring when you're that careful.

• alan P

If you take the pill carefully even if you are occasionally late then the chances of getting pregnant are less than 1% per year without pulling out or other protection.  The pill is not perfect so using a condom as well is a reasonable thing to do but pulling out is over the top.  Coming inside is a normal part of love making and pulling out means you have to move away from each other just when it is natural to want to be closest.  The whole point of using contraception is that you can enjoy sex to the full.  The most common cause of the pill failing, according to a TV documentary, is running out and not starting a new pack of pills on time.

• Tavy

The pill STOPS you ovulating. You don't need a condom, you don't need to pull out.

If you cannot understand how it works you are too young for sex.

Total overkill.....

• Pippin

You are not pregnant.  Now -- perhaps reconsider whether  you ready for sex at all if you are this anxous.

If you start your period, it's all ok. If it doesn't start on the correct day, you've got problems.