who does Kashmir belong to, India or Pakistan or neither of those two ?

India has always existed though. Before Pakistan came into being.

Kashmir was not a disputed place for centuries.

it only became a disputed land when Pakistan was formed.

This leads me to the conclusion that Pakistan is kicking up a fuss over land it does not factually or legaly own in any shape or form.

Pakistan was part of India too, if Kashmir is disputed then Pakistan should be disputed and brought back into India.

I'm using intelligent reasoning and logic with all of this. I accept any intellect or scholar or any expert on Kashmir to come and answer this question.

Yeah, I think the bigger gripe is that Pakistan didn't get to draw its own borders. That was all set up by the British and apparently the British failed to anticipate the animosity Kashmir would create. For some similar colonial fun look no further than what the Ottomans and later Brits and French did in the middle east.

• In

Kashmir belongs to the Kashmiri's.

"In the first half of the first millennium, the Kashmir region became an important centre of Hinduism and later of Buddhism; later still, in the ninth century, Kashmir Shaivism arose.[4] In 1339, Shah Mir became the first Muslim ruler of Kashmir, inaugurating the Salatin-i-Kashmir or Shah Mir dynasty.[5] Kashmir was part of the Mughal Empire from 1586 to 1751,[6] and thereafter, until 1820, of the Afghan Durrani Empire.[5] That year, the Sikhs, under Ranjit Singh, annexed Kashmir.[5] In 1846, after the Sikh defeat in the First Anglo-Sikh War, and upon the purchase of the region from the British under the Treaty of Amritsar, the Raja of Jammu, Gulab Singh, became the new ruler of Kashmir. The rule of his descendants, under the paramountcy (or tutelage) of the British Crown, lasted until the partition of India in 1947, when the former princely state of the British Indian Empire became a disputed territory, now administered by three countries: India, Pakistan, and China.[1][2]"

• Jenny

No, the nation state of India did not exist u till recently.  And until the partition, it was all part of British India.  Who does it belong to?  Do you expect anyone to actually be able to answer that?  If they do, it will be bias.  The closest to an answer I would venture is to say the population is majority Muslim.

I thought it belonged to Led Zepplin.  

• sorry sir, i didn't mean it.

but AC/DC for me > your choice

to 'challenge' AC/DC is .... well,  its just insane.

AC/DC is to metal and rock what ...what we Indians are to digital electronics.

we gave the white people 'zero' and you ran with it.

binary system.  totally Indian.