Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

Why do non Christians here deliberately hold onto the erroneous view that a person born in a Christian country is automatically a Christian.?

Update:

Why don't they educate themselves in another person's beliefs before they start talking about things they no know absolutely  nothing about. It's clear when they make their arguments on here that they do not know what they are talking about.

First off, rule number one.

Just because you are born in a so called, "Christian Country" does not make you a Christian. If you do not understand this basic tenant then you show to the enlightened that you absolutely do not know what you are talking about.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Hmmm...because, the vast majority of the time, such an assumption would be true. You are correct, of course, that such an assertion is not always true, but like the fellow said - "the race is not always to the swift, nor the fight to the strong, but that's the way to bet."

• 8 months ago

Who believes that? Unless you were born in a theocracy, you can practice what you like.

• 8 months ago

They don't make that claim.

What they DO claim is that America is a christian country when it is actually a secular one.

• 8 months ago

I've never seen anyone make that claim. However, if you're born in a majority Christian country you're highly likely to be Christian yourself.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

But they are, and that applies to everyone.

• 8 months ago

We don't, the only making assumptions here is you

Attachment image
  • Duck
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Why do Christian fundies deliberately hold on to the erroneous view that every person is born a Christian?

• 8 months ago

I think it is more that they are trying to say that a person born in a Christian country is likely to be Christian, but they sometimes put it rather sloppily. I don't think they are saying that it applies to everybody.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I don't know, but I find it annoying.

Shadowfire Lives

• 8 months ago

who cares why? WE ALL HAVE FREE WILL AND WE CAN DO WHAT WE WISH.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.