Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 10 months ago

How long could you survive on just $2/day?

$2/day... you can't save it. Use it or lose it!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

My sister survives on that. She eats a lot or rice and dal. And her ex buys 3 chickens a month ... she cooks up all 3 and keeps one (as the "fee" for cooking for him) .. so she uses a bit of chicken meat in her legumes too. She rounds it out with vegetables and a bit of fruit.

• 10 months ago

Not long at all.It would take that much just to get coffee everyday.Its unrealistic to think a person could manage on that and be healthy.

• Beth
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

In terms of food, I would buy raw beans and rice, which I will cook to make for an economical meal 

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

That's the problem, now isn't it. If I could get $5/day I could get a whole chicken and eat for 3 days. But too many people are living in the trap you presented in real life. That said, I'd probably end up doing something horrible to survive and end up in prison living off $0.75/day. So suffice to say, HA!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

I think the rest of my life maybe

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I could get food off the Dollar menu like burgers and tacos. Most fast food places give free water if you ask so that's taken care of. I could probably survive a year before I die of malnutrition.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

That used to cover two doubles at McDonald's ($1 each) before they raised their prices, anyway, that would still cover a lot of Ramen noodles (so you could survive indefinitely, I suppose) but you'd have to find a way to cook them on the street, lol.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.