Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 months ago

I work in a call center and notice that in the south the say Merry Christmas and in the north it's Happy Holidays. Why do you think that is?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Sally
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

I don't know, but I think it's nice whenever anyone wishes me well, no matter what words they choose.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

North understands that some people are not Christian and do not celebrate the birth of Christ(which is totally WRONG, but they should still be respected) so they greet the Chritmas season in a religiously neutral way. The south is mostly founded on religion(historically) and recognize Christianity better(demographically)

• 10 months ago

There are more liberals (terrified of offending an minority and not caring about offending the majority) in the North.

And more conservatives and religious people in the south, who understand that acceptance works both directions.   

• Lee
    Lv 4
    10 months ago

North of the wall?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

less religiously focused in the north...

Atheist

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Put simply, Democrats are at war with Christmas.

• Rayal
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

In the South the predominant faith is Christianity.

In the North and big cities the calling base is more diverse. 

There could be Jews, Muslims, or "other" on the line. 

I don't care which they use or say.  It is only a polite seasonal greeting either way.  My towns Christmas decorations all say "Happy Holidays" and no one is offended by it. 

• I am a conservative southern atheist who says Merry Christmas

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.