Do all Christians believe that there can be a mind without a body?

Breakthrough's question again.

• Jim V
    Favorite Answer

I can't imagine how one could be a Christian without understanding that the soul/mind exists separately from the material body.

We are not bodies that have souls.

We are souls that currently have bodies.

(Mind is a product of the soul, not the body.)

[C. S. Lewis said something like this, but I could not find the exact quote.]

• Paul

Yes, there can, God being the prime example, and angels being lesser examples of the same thing. In addition are humans who have died physically.

Our mind is a part of the body our spirit and soul use while we are here on this Earth.

That will be the state of the deceased until the resurrection.

• Jon, if you really want to answer his questions, it would be simpler to just make a new account and go anonymous.

• jon pike

Thanks but I don't do anonymous.

Awkward question, because unless 100% of the 2,200,000,000 Christians in the world do "actively" believe that, then the answer would be no!

*I suspect you may not have asked the question you thought you asked!

• jon pike

100% of Christians don't believe much of anything. We can't even all agree on the Nicene Creed.

If you mean the organ called the brain: NO. If you mean the element of a person that enables them to be aware of the world and their experiences, to think, and to feel; the faculty of consciousness and thought: YES.

• yesmar

If one believes in an incorporeal God, then yes.Β  I would guess that "all" Christians don't fall into the same category as to what is believed.

Most humans believe that. I don't.

• Yes, example Walt Disney