Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 months ago

When the Democrats do not have a crime in their articles of impeachment, are they admitting that they were lying about bribery and extortion?

Update:

Llewen, given I was against Bill being impeached, I really don't care about your entire argument. Given that you block me, while answering my questions, you are a coward. 

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Yep. Bribery and extortion are significantly more serious and less ambiguous crimes than obstruction of Congress and abuse of power. If the Democrats had the evidence they have been claiming to have, there's no reason to not file impeachment articles for those offenses.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I see the Russian trolls are still working.  Crime is not required for impeachment.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Democrats might as well charge Trump with not paying his fair share.

• 8 months ago

It says everything about the validity of this whole thing.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Trump will be impeached by the House and he will be acquitted by the Senate, just like President Clinton. But from next year on we'll be able to correctly say President trump was impeached.

• 8 months ago

Not including charges doesn't mean previous mentions were lies.  There are all sorts of reasons some things may not be listed.  So no they are not admitting they were lying.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Was it really necessary to offer further proof you don't understand the law?

• 8 months ago

Its a crime to solicit help from a foreign government in a domestic US election, and Trump is a serial offender. He did it with the Russians in 2016, and just recently attempted to do it with the Ukrainians. Those crimes come under the article "abuse of power". Also many counts of obstruction of justice, so not sure why Pelosi limited it to "obstruction of congress".  It is definitely enough, though.

• 8 months ago

Nope. It means they have a plan to define the crimes in detail in the Senate trial. Although it should be noted Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh wrote that hiding evidence from Congress (e.g. by refusing to honor subpoenas) by itself is an Impeachable Offense https://www.thedailybeast.com/brett-kavanaugh-wrot...

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

If you can impeach Clinton over a B J we get to impeach Trump over asking a foreign country to f*ck over the guy he was running against in an election.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.