Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 2 months ago

Very hard and swollen stomach along with chronic stomach pain. Do I have stomach cancer?

Abdominal discomfort is so bad I can't even sleep. Ibuprofen or Aspirin doesn't also appear to reduce pain. Not even Tylenol.

Went to gastroenterologist and he said it could be cancer but it can be many other things.

He got me tested for abdominal ultrasound -- normal result.

Chest x ray -- normal result.

Stomach CT scan -- normal result.

He wants to do colonoscopy and endoscopy next.

Somehow the diagnosis isn't coming yet the pain, hardness and swelling persists.

Touching stomach feels like brick. Pressing stomach results in bad pain -- doc said that's not normal.

I already had my appendix removed when I was a child. So it's not appendicitis for sure. 

Is this cancer?

The worst pain comes after taking a can of energy drink. 

My primary care physician suspects it's ulcer pain. Prescribed sucralate. Sucralate does give some initial relief but pain again results.

Sometimes eating ends the pain also. 

Yes the doctor put me on protonix (not Prilosec though)

could be, I guess

Those energy drinks irritate the lining of your stomach and cause major pain. 

Google it and you'll find out how many people have had stomach problems with it. 

You don't have cancer or an ulcer. You need to let go of the energy drinks. Maybe some chicken broth can help but please give your stomach time to heal. 

Source(s): Protonix helps with an overly acidic stomach. But why is your stomach so acidic? It's because of an excess of acidic drinks and food. That's fine for now, but your best bet is to lay off the acidic drinks or balance them with alkaline foods. . .