When did you let your baby sleep alone in their room?

I see what all the professionals suggest but as a mom when did you put your baby in their own crib/room. And how often did the baby feed?

• hart

both at the age of 8

children need mother and father at night

• KatieC

We moved my daughter into her room at around 18 months, but she never slept in our bed. She had a pack and play in our room at first, then a crib, then we moved her crib to her room. It would have probably been a little earlier if her room wasn’t all the way across our house. 

I really hope you read these replies. Please read!!!! Do what you feel is best ignore everyone's recommendations! My first child was premature but was completely healthy. 4 pounds and able to take her home next day. She was very... Independent. She'd sleep all the time. No waking up every 4 hours. She was literally the best. When she finally grew out of premature clothes is when I really let her sleep in her crib with no worries. BUT!  My second child, everything was different. She moved all inside my tummy unlike my first. She was born early but at least was 6 pounds. She was the feeding every 2 hours and wake up every 4 hours type baby. I loved every moment. She was with me and slept with me in my room. She was 4 months old when my husband kept saying she needs to go to her own room and I said I don't want to I don't think she's ready. I could feel it. One month later things were changing in the household that isnt important to share but it wound up being where we went ahead and put her in her own room. The first night. Very first night... She passed away from sids. She was 5 months and a day old. This was 7 years ago. I still felt like I wanted her with me. And thing about sids is super complicated but there are cases where people have saved their kids because it happen when they were holding them and they forget to breathe and the parent would move or tap them and they would in a sense wake up. An I think to myself sometimes if I only kept her with me.. Would she still be here. My first child I had no worries. But something was different about mu second daughter from the moment she was conceived and I never would of thought sids or death but something was just.... Keeping her with me. So if your gut tells you that you feel she isn't ready. Than screw the chart that says they're suppose to be in their room. 

Baby one - slept in our bedroom - but in her own crib - never in our bed - until about six months.  At six months - her crib moved to her room and we used a monitor to help hear her if she cried.  At six months - she slept all night most nights but if she didn't, she usually only woke once and usually at around 2 or 3 am.

Baby two - slept in our bedroom until about six months in her own crib.  At six months, we moved her to her own room and used a baby monitor - (not the same room as our other daughter - I didn't want the younger one to wake the older one if she did cry in the night.)  Our second daughter was also sleeping all night most nights by that point.

In both cases, the baby's room was close to our room.  When they were both older, they had bedrooms upstairs and our master bedroom was downstairs - but by that point, the youngest one was four.

i dont have a baby but if i did they wouldnt be sleeping alone

My kids weren't in their own room until after they were night-weaned.  All of them transitioned to their own room (with a toddler bed) at about age two.

I think it's weird to put a baby "down the hall" by itself. My two year old and three year old have toddler beds in my room, but that's as far away as they've managed to get.

• Jill

I had mine in his crib in my room for the first 6 months but that was only because I didn't have a 2nd bedroom yet. For 3 months he fed every 3-4 hours and then I started bottle feeding him and he began sleeping through the night. As soon as we moved house he started sleeping in his own room. 

My kids were in their own cribs in their own rooms by 2 months. Some may think that is too early but honestly I couldn't sleep well due to them being so close as the temptation to get up and look at them all night was so strong. I needed my rest. Plus my husband waking up so early would disturb the baby.

As for feeding that was a long time ago and I can't remember. My youngest is 18.

When they’re tired