Why would impeachment help Trump for a second term?

I found this at the end of an article and I was curious as to why impeachment will help Trump in the 2020 election.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-whats-happ...

Trump’s re-election prospects may be rising as the impeachment efforts escalates, said Capital Alpha Partners analysts in a recent note. New Republican polls show impeachment may be helping Trump’s 2020 campaign in the battleground states of Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, the analysts said.

So with that said; Can a President be re-elected and have a second term in office after he/she is impeached?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Normally it would not help.. but in this case, everyone knows and can see that this is not really an impeachment it is a commie dem coup attempt.. and all that is behind it is Adam Schiffs, hatred of Trump.  The little worm has cost the country millions of dollars, so much time and has belittled the country in the eyes of the world.  he should be jailed!

• 8 months ago

He sure is getting a lot of press.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

fortunately, it might. I see that his approval rating is actually rising. My guess is that Americans are sick of sore loser democrats who have paid people to lie and fabricate lies all because Hillary didn't win. As usual, democrats are not looking at the actual facts, they began yelling impeach the night of the election,...so sad

• Jim2
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Unfortunately, it might. I see that his approval rating is actually rising. My guess is that his gullible voting base is up in arms over what they think is a coup against him. As usual, they are not looking at the actual facts.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

If impeached and found not guilty, yes. If removed, no.

• 8 months ago

If the police in your town are powerless to take action against the local gang , people tend to "support"  the gang ? 

• don
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Since its so obviously bullcrap,yes it is.America does not like seeing someone railroaded.

• Lolly
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Well yeah, the Senate hasn't lifted a finger to fix voting rights, replace hackable voting booths or do anything to protect votes. It's almost as if they want to be hacked again, now why would that be? [Mitch McConnell] [Mitch McConnell] [Mitch McConnell] [Mitch McConnell] [Mitch McConnell] [Mitch McConnell]

• NONAME
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

Because it's horseschit and it's starting to really bleed support in swing states for the democrats. PA and MI, which were seen as the most likely to return to democrats, are now starting to go light red. Do you understand that? WI and definitely Iowa are actually on their way to becoming reliably red states soon.

• 8 months ago

I don’t believe this

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.