Memey asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 10 months ago

Why is my corn black?

I cooked a corn on a cob for an hour explain why it's burnt!!!

First, one hour of cooking time for corn on the cob is about fifty minutes too long. If it was black, then the question would be, "How did you cook it?" If in a pot on the stove, then I would guess the water boiled off and left the poor piece of corn alone at the bottom to become a blackened piece of garbage. If in an oven, then you are fortunate it did not catch fire - corn has a lot of sugar in it. If in a microwave, hope you still have a microwave. If on an outdoor grill - hope you still have a grill. I am amazed you could even be in the same area - burnt corn is not a pleasant smell. 

Source(s): Former chef

Leaving your corn to be cooked for an hour will burn your corn.

You're expected to cook it longer than that.Because it just needs 20 minutes tops, contingent upon how delicate/chewy you like your corn.

Corn is cooked by dropping the shucked ears into a pot of boiling water, for 15 minutes, then use tongs to remove the ears, butter and salt them, and be prepared to say yum (and need many napkins, and shoot kernels all over the place as you eat like a hog, but its so good you wont care. :) (throw those black ears out and start over!)

• Clive

Because you cooked it for an hour.

You need watsreddeererrrrrrrrrrr

• al

You forgot the water!

• Are you racist? You don't like black corn?

FOR AN HOUR??????Argh! Come on M this is silly time. ;-(

I cook my corn on cob for maximum 5 minutes