Memey asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 10 months ago

Why is my corn black?

I cooked a corn on a cob for an hour explain why it's burnt!!!

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

First, one hour of cooking time for corn on the cob is about fifty minutes too long. If it was black, then the question would be, "How did you cook it?" If in a pot on the stove, then I would guess the water boiled off and left the poor piece of corn alone at the bottom to become a blackened piece of garbage. If in an oven, then you are fortunate it did not catch fire - corn has a lot of sugar in it. If in a microwave, hope you still have a microwave. If on an outdoor grill - hope you still have a grill. I am amazed you could even be in the same area - burnt corn is not a pleasant smell. 

Source(s): Former chef
  • 10 months ago

Leaving your corn to be cooked for an hour will burn your corn.

• 10 months ago

You're expected to cook it longer than that.Because it just needs 20 minutes tops, contingent upon how delicate/chewy you like your corn.

• 10 months ago

Corn is cooked by dropping the shucked ears into a pot of boiling water, for 15 minutes, then use tongs to remove the ears, butter and salt them, and be prepared to say yum (and need many napkins, and shoot kernels all over the place as you eat like a hog, but its so good you wont care. :) (throw those black ears out and start over!)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Because you cooked it for an hour.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

You need watsreddeererrrrrrrrrrr

• al
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

You forgot the water!

• Are you racist? You don't like black corn?

• 10 months ago

FOR AN HOUR??????Argh! Come on M this is silly time. ;-(

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I cook my corn on cob for maximum 5 minutes

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.