I’m 20 and I want a baby. How do I make the feeling go away?

Ever since I was about 15, I wanted to have a baby. I am graduating university next year , I have an beautiful amazing boyfriend and we are in love. He is 21, and he’s a car salesman. I’ve been with him for about 9 months now, but the urge to have a baby is increased so much since being with him. The idea of being a mommy is so appealing to me; having a baby that is a product of me and the person I love, breast feeding, putting them to sleep. I know babies are hard work (I have a 4 year old sister), but I feel like that’s what I was made for. Most people my age cringe at the idea of having babies, but I believe with every fibre of my being that I was born to be a mom. My man would be an excellent father as well. I’ve had boyfriends before him, and I never cared to have their baby to be honest. I’m currently on birth control pills, and I never told my boyfriend about my urge to have a baby right now  (although he knows it’s important to me in life). He is not ready to have kids quite yet, which is fair and smart. I’m not going to push him. How do I suppress these feelings right now or make them go away?

Help out at a daycare, or babysit for awhile! That will give you the chance to care for children & maybe help you to wait until the time is better for you to have your own baby!

You can't make that feeling go away.  It is a natural urge.  Some women have it stronger than other women, but it is part of primal nature to have the desire to nurture a child.  You may be able to reduce the urge by convincing yourself that it is still the wrong time.

Try setting goals.Accept that right now still isn't the right time.Have a set of goals in place that gives a target towards the actual right time for a child.Possible goals could include:1.  finish school2.  have your own home (or at least a rented home/apartment) - if you are still living with parents or other relatives, it is probably not a good time to add a baby.3.  marriage - DO NOT HAVE A BABY WITH SOMEONE WHO ISN'T COMMITTED ENOUGH IN A RELATIONSHIP TO MARRY YOU FOR REASONS OTHER THAN A BABY.4.  financial stability - if you are struggling with your own expenses - you can't afford a baby - if you are paying your own way with money left over - then you might be financially ready

Just 'forget' to take a few pills, many women have used 'opps, I guess the pill didn't work'.

• Burgoo

stop taking pills and get bred

Adopt a cat or dog instead?

• Anna

A cat. Dogs are filthy vermin and should be put down.

get a fluffy dog and put a diaper on it.

Get a job babysitting infants and toddlers.