Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelTravel (General)Packing & Preparation · 8 months ago

Shipping a 10 x 14.5 in package from the US to Finland..how much is this going to cost?

I will probably be using USPS or UPS, and for some reason I always get unreasonable prices when using their postage calculators (like $70-$100). I'm shipping some christmas gifts to my friend that weigh less than 3 pounds.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

International shipping is expensive. Those prices are reasonable.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The calculators are accurate, and I don't know if the receiving person in Finland will have to pay taxes to receive it.

"less than 3 pounds" is not a weight.

Premium over 12 inch box.

Customs forms need to be complete and accurate.

Flat rate Priority 6 to 10 business days is $71.70

USPS-Produced Box: 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"Maximum weight 20 pounds.

USPS-Produced Box: 23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3" or 12" x 12" x 5-1/2"

is $94.25

UPS will charge about the same.

14.5 x 10 x 6 is a large box (dimension over 12") (12x12x6 is cheaper)

First-Class Package International ServiceOther than rolls: Max. length 24", max length, height and depth (thickness) combined 36"Rolls: Max. length 36". Max length and twice the diameter combined 42"Value of contents can not exceed $400.00

is $37.50 plus any insurance.

Delivery time varies, as 7 to 30 days, not guaranteed

If you don't mail by tomorrow as Priority, not likely to get there before the 25th.

• 8 months ago

Sadly any US carriers using trackable services charge silly money for international deliveries. 

I can post items using trackable signed-for services from Europe into the USA for low cost. But when I want goods delivered using the same service from within the USA then even for an item worth a few cents I’m quoted upwards of $30.

If your items are low value then just use regular international non-tracked postage.

You can also search for “shipping services”’on eBay to find cheaper services but they will probably be a lot slower as they tend to use shipping container loads sent by container-ships.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.