Can my landlord raise my rent if she build a new shed on the property?? I live in California. ?

did you ask for the shed ?

did you store things outside that create the need for the shed?

the answer is yes

unless you have a lease saying otherwise 

According to California law, there is currently no maximum limit for rent increases. As of January 1, 2001, the landlord must give the tenant at least 30 days advance notice if the rent increase is 10 percent or less of the rent charged at any time during the 12 months before the rent increase takes effect. 

Source(s): Housing rights expert

When your lease is up, yes.  Otherwise, no.  However, if you want to use the shed, then expect to pay an additional amount for the use of the shed.  That would be separate from the "rent" that you have been paying.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.

Not in the middle of your lease

i wouldnt think so but i would ask your landlord

I think that depends if you were to give your landlord a chance to renew it after the term ends, or if your lease can get renewed without notice after the term ends. If your lease can get renewed without notice then I think you should be able to keep paying the same amount of rent. I think tenants normally get their lease renewed, so this would give their landlord a chance to increase their rent.

FYI.....The shed doesn't have anything to do with your rent.

With or without a new shed of course she can at the end of your lease or with a 30 day notice if you are month to month.

Whether she can raise your rent or not has nothing to do with the shed. 

If she can raise it, she can raise it with or without the shed. 

No one here has any clue whether she can raise your rent because you didn't bother to tell us if you're a month to month tenant or are in a fixed lease.   There are also some rent control measures in CA that may apply.

At renewal time....yes.

When time for new lease, yes, if no lease, yes.