Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 1 month ago

What’s a professional way to say that you don’t edit photos but your photos come out nice without editing??????

No professional would want to communicate that unless they had been commissioned for work which does not permit post processing.

Maybe you could simply say that your photos typically need little or no post-processing work done on them. 

• hooray

I don't think there IS a "professional way" to reveal that you lack the skill and imagination to process your images. Stopping at the capture stage just means you're leaving some important decisions to the camera, even when using all available manual settings, and abandoning several more steps altogether. Steve P and Whatever have answered you well, I recommend you take their advice.

• Frank

Simply state that you like to get it right in camera so that you don't have to rely on the magic of Photoshopping your work.  This implies that you're skilled enough to know what you're doing so that you don't have to edit your images.  Of course, if you shoot raw, you will necessarily have to edit your work to some degree (color, contrast and sharpness) simply because of the way a raw file is created.  A raw file is like an uncooked steak.  Like a raw piece of meat, you have to cook a raw file in order for it to look right.  How much you cook it and how you cook it is a matter of taste.

• John

Or you can just cut to the chase - "I am better than you!"

Your thinking is all wrong here. Trying to make yourself seem more of a capable photographer by saying you do no "editing" in fact only makes you FAR more of a rank amateur. There is a HUGE difference between some clueless picture taker who has to resort to software to try to save his photos and a PRO photographer who uses extremely high end software to make the camera RAW files the best they can be. Post production of digital RAW files is as much a needed and "professional" part of digital photography as was the darkroom in processing film. Even the great Ansel Adams was actually more well known for his DARKROOM skills and "editing" than he was for his initial shot in the camera.

PROS shoot in the RAW format and use programs such as Capture One and Lightroom to properly set things such as white balance, highlight / shadow / midrange exposure and tonal values, to set correct color to skin tones, etc. Again, using proper pro level software is something ALL pro photographers do. NOT using such required tools mark you as a rank amateur who does not know what he needs to know about photography.

Yes, you get it right in the camera as much as possible, but shooing in RAW and working in a QUALITY RAW conversion program after the fact IS what professional photography is about.

I do it all in camera!

• joedlh

I have a professional camera, which makes me a professional photographer.

[edit]

For those who gave this answer a thumbs down, I apologize for my sarcastic comment being too subtle.

• keerok

No Photoshop needed?

Great without image manipulation.

Perfect pictures straight out of the camera!