Laptop is being slow?

I've had this problem for a while now, and at this point it just feels like my laptop is falling apart. I have an Alienware laptop and it worked fine for the longest time, and then one day I came home and hopped on and it was so incredibly slow and laggy. My games always ran at least 60fps and now they're no higher than 20. There's more issues than just lag for games. It's like the entire computer just slowed down by a crap ton, and it isn't a virus. I've got it checked, I've tried using malware to detect anything, physically there's no real problem anyone can find and it's pissing me off. I feel like I'm using a fricking Windows 96 computer. Not to mention the font for some things somehow changed. Using discord the font has always been this smooth white look, and now it's also like an older windows 96 font or something of the sort. For an upgraded laptop whatever happened it's like it just outdated my system.

I know most of this probably won't make any sense but I know no better way to explain it.

a decent technician can examine the windows startup files and suggest programs to delete. even a 'small' nub of a program can slow the computer. Example: many software packages put a 'quock start' program nub into startup so they'll load faster when you want to use it. These can be disabled in windows startup after which they'll cease using cpu cycles.

and, programs these days have gotten bigger and, therefore, slower. even the periodic patches that auto install can make a programs behave this way

• Olive

Possible it has errors on pc. Download CCleaner from (filehippo)website for free, it's a memory cleaner but also have a built in registry cleaner which can fix any internal errors a pc may have that can cause it to become slow n lag and freeze up. When it asks what you wanna scan make sure to check every box so it can thoroughly scan deep the pc. It had always helped my pc