How shocked would you be if Bigfoot turned out to be real?

• JimZ
    Favorite Answer

Honestly I'd be shocked to find out they weren't real.  I know that you can't really prove they aren't real but if you could, it would shock me.  I don't know if they guy I just gave a thumbs up to is a real Native American but I know what he stated is believed by Native Americans all over the Pacific Northwest and to a less extent, the rest of the country.  I don't take their beliefs too lightly.   Although it is can be tricky trying to sort out myth and legend, their descriptions of Bigfoot are identical to modern sightings and reports.  It seems the best explanation for that is that there really is a giant undiscovered type of hominid that has learned to stay hidden not that they aren't seen from time to time. I have gone looking for evidence on several occasions where Bigfoot were reported.  I have gone to Bluff Creek in Northern California enough so that I know it pretty well.  It is extremely remote and unexplored.  Those that suggest it couldn't exist there haven't bothered to look.  I have found foot prints on one occasion and on that same occasion I think my brother and i were approached by one one night.  I didn't see it but I heard it at very very close rage and I heard the footsteps roll on the ground crushing the ground beneath its feet.  It wasn't a man or a bear.  Those that think they know it doesn't exist don't know.  It has been a bit of an obsession of mine since the early 1970s and since then I have learned a lot and the evidence just keeps piling up.  There is no definitive proof yet but the evidence points to a very capable, very smart, very athletic group of beings that are really good at living in the woods.  

• 1 week ago

I think they probably are. I saw something when I was a child that looked like a lizard man. It was as real as you and I. So I'm pretty sure with all the reports of bigfoot they are real too.

with the amount of phone cameras and everyone's avid use of social media, surely bigfoot would've already been found

Not too shocked at all.  Wouldn't be the first time a species was discovered.

A few years back, Discovery and BBC got together and did a massive project on Loch Ness.  You can guess what they were looking for, and they found something.  Instead of a living dinosaur-dolphin, they found a species of roundworm living in the loch that was not in any of the books.  Sure enough, someone had discovered an animal that existed right under our noses all these centuries and we had no idea it was there.

A tiny little worm might not mean much to the TV media, because there isn't much public interest in lake worms.  But to the biology world, it was just as good as finding Nessie.

• CD

I wouldn't be shocked at all, all legends and myths have some basis in fact.

Not shocked, I believe that most things are possible.

I'm more shocked that intelligent folks think its real. ;-)

Quite shocked..................

Considering that many legends have some basis in reality, not too surprised.

• Cogito

I wouldn't be shocked at all.  They discover new animal, bird, reptile and insect species all the time.