Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Is it possible for me to be pregnant?

So my boyfriend and I just recently had sex. I was a virgin. We wore a condom the first time but the second time we kinda just got caught up in the moment. He never finished anywhere in or near me. My only concern was the possibility of his precum having sperm in it, because I’ve heard of people getting pregnant from precum. When we had sex, I was also a week away from my period, so I wasn’t anywhere near ovulation. I honestly just wanted to get reassurance without having to buy a pregnancy test or go to the doctor. 

I have read multiple doctor approved websites and articles that say the only time a woman can get pregnant are the days prior to ovulation, the day of, and a few days after.

You are probably not pregnant. Wait to see if you get your period. If you don't, get a pregnancy test from the drugstore. And also, get a more reliable form of birth control. Condoms are better than nothing but other methods are better. 

• Edna

In spite of the horror stories you've heard or read about it, it's virtually impossible to get pregnant from "precum". It's nothing more than the lubrication fluid that a male always secretes from the tip of his penis when he's sexually aroused. 97% of the time, it does NOT contain sperm cells. 

A  woman can get pregnant only on the day she ovulates; and 2 days before and 2 days after the day of ovulation. That's a total of only 5 days out of a month in which she can get pregnant.

"He never finished anywhere in or near me"?  Have males today given up on ejaculating? None of them seem to do it anymore.. 

always possible without condom

Yes you can very easily be pregnant. Either wait and see if you have your next period or get tested. As you now know you are playing with fire. Learn from this and either don't have sex  or do so responsibly. 

• God

You are correct about the only time you can get pregnant is around ovulation time.  The trouble is you never know for sure when ovulation occurs.  It can be any time.

The highly regarded "Journal of Troll Pregnancy Today" has published several articles showing trolls can spontaneously conceive at any time in their cycle.

It's possible you could be, as fluid from the male before actually having an organism has sperm in it. It only takes a small drop. Get tested to be sure.

• Edna

97% of the time, the fluid from a male before he has an orgasm does NOT have sperm in it. It's nothing more than lubrication fluid. You males really should stop trying to give your "fluids" some sort of super-human powers. 

Any time there's penile penetration, with a condom or not, with some other method of birth control or not, whether he ejaculates in you or not, there is a chance of pregnancy.

There is no point in the menstrual cycle in which women cannot become pregnant. Some are less common than others, or downright unusual, but not one is impossible.

Unless you're trying for a baby, you need to get freakin' serious about using two methods of birth control every single time, or sex doesn't happen. Why two? Because the odds of BC failures overlapping is very small--but still not zero. I have the daughter to prove it. (Condom and the pill.)

Of course you could be pregnant.  You had unprotected sex.  You also could have contracted a disease.  

See a doctor.  Get tested for pregnancy as well as STIs, and talk to your doctor about contraception.

• Cei

You had sex without protection.

So, yes, you could possibly be pregnant.

• Edna

Harper:  Many of the young women to come on this board don't have a clue as to what their menstrual  cycle even IS or how many days there are in her cycle. - much less keep track of it. Some of these young woman actually think their cycle comprises the days they are menstruating.