Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

How can I be more brave?

I'm scared to death of my parent's 

passing away and I'll be all alone 

in the world, with no friends. Thankfully, 

that won't happen for another 10 to 20 

years. I do have cousins who live nearby 

so I can call them once a week, or go to 

them for help. 

I'm not sure - what else 

can I do? Advice Please? 

Be able to attract the right people in your life.

And start being responsible with doing little things like doing your own laundry. So that you would be able to take care of your self when you need to.

I honestly don't think you can over come it. This use to be my biggest fear as a kid and once I married my biggest fear changed to my husband &/or one of my kids dying. I'm now 44 and stilly worry about this.

I learned in therapy though that often fear comes from the unknown. So if you have a plan be it small or little you feel more secure and this eases the fear. So I'd suggest you talk to your parents. Be honest and express your fears and worry. Let them tell you about the plans they have such as insurance, burial and so on. This will let you know what will happen once they pass away. Together make plans on who you will stay with if you are a minor, plans on how to live and so on. While this talk may sound a little morbid to some if is always helpful to have a plan even if it is for something tragic.

I have the same fears. I am not close to many of my family members except my mom. Me and her are extremely close. When I think of her dying some day (or even getting sick) it makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it and makes me wonder how I will ever live without her. The only way you can really be more brave is just think how EVERYONE dies and eventually has to lose their parents. Nothing I ever think about helps me too much, but what I do is try not to worry until I have to worry. Spend time with them, and tell them you love them every day. But don’t stress too much right now until you seriously have to. That’s what I’m doing anyways, taking it day by day and be happy every day you wake up and their still here with you and healthy. And you won’t be alone. I feel like I’d be alone also but you will have your other family members and your own family (if you have kids, etc). Keep in touch with your family and you’ll never feel alone.

My advice to you is that you're not alone... I have the same fears, most people have the same fears. Find a support group to help raise you up, but also just know that you really are not alone..

Practically speaking.. Everyone dies eventually.. that's just cycle of life.. make the best of your life and instead of worrying about when it's gonna happen, focus on making the best memories possible before it does! When you adopt that mindset, you can relax more!