K S Lall asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 months ago

Why are women unable to grow facial hair?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Kate
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Really! I am a woman and am constantly plucking little hairs from my face and I have seen lots of women with a lot of facial hair.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

ladies do grow facial hair they wax it off

• 8 months ago

Women don’t have beard and moustache 

• WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

(Generally speaking  ) Why are  WOMEN  unable to grow  FACIAL HAIR ?  some LEVITY  one possibly missed the TV COMMERCIAL  for the FINISHING  TOUCH  "FLAWLESS " women's SHAVER a big ITEM for the  CHRISTMAS SEASON

.. the author  made the first LEAP of discovery

having the AWARENESS  of MALE and FEMALE  differences

perhaps the NEXT leap  is the possible relationship to HORMONES  

getting into some INVESTIGATIVE   CRITICAL  THINKING    Both males and  females  produce HORMONES  TESTOSTERONE and ESTROGEN  ( estrogen  in  males by the Adrenal gland  ) but at very  different levels .... another Clue   its NOT TIL  PUBERTY  males start to get facial HAIR

TESTOSTERONE  LEVELS  so if a female has an alteration in her  TESTOSTERONE and  a alteration in Estrogen   levels she may exhibit    some facial hair

as a result a Male that  has an alteration in his ESTROGEN and testosterone he may have GYNECOMSTIA  half of NEW BORN males have enlarged breast

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

evolution. we have gone from hairy cave woman to hairless slinky woman.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

i dont know ask science

• 8 months ago

Because we have estrogen and not testosterone.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

they have different hormones to men

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I wish that was true, I'm forever plucking and shaving - just like most women.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

That, unfortunately is a myth. Women get facial hair, its just not as thick or dark as male hair growth. Most women tend to get fine, downy hair on their faces. And in some cases, if a woman has more progesterone or has a condition like PCOS, she can develop dark, course hair as well. That is why there are tons of depilatory creams and aestheticians that spend hours helping women remove unsightly hair.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.