Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentCivic Participation · 8 months ago

When talking to non-Americans, do I tell them that America is great country or do I wait until they tell me that America is great country?

What is the protocol?

Update:

Who gets to be the judge?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

LET THEM DECIDE

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Wait for them. Avoid jokes about Trump. 

• Biff
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Not many non-Americans will say America is a great country while Trump is president. He is seen as a joke outside America.

• 8 months ago

Adults don't bother going there, AnonnieGurl. The closest an adult with an IQ north of Al Gore's goes in that direction is to discuss, and explain, if necessary, the concept of the American Dream. Intellectuals will go further and get into the issue of American Exceptionalism, but that's beyond YAP-YAPpers, so no need to talk about that here.

Honey, it's 2019 (and almost 2020!!! yaaaayyyyyyyy), and for many decades now (think: since the 1960s), EVERYBODY gets to be their own judge. Now, 97.27% are wrong 68.91% of the time in their judgments, but hey, who's counting, right!?! lol

Hon, if there is ANYTHANG else you're just sure I can help you with, ALL you need to do is ask, hear!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Shawn
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I actually divide American into illegal aliens, legal aliens, libs\leftists\anti-patriots\anti-Americans & patriotic Americans.  With the illegal aliens and libs\leftists\anti-patriots\anti-Americans I say nothing to them and simply pray that they can one day be eliminated from America.  There is a civil war brewing and it may come to that one day soon. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

That is pretty funny.  You are habla gated to tell them 

• 8 months ago

Whatever you want.

• 8 months ago

The U.S. is awesome.   You know it and, more importantly, they know it.    No need to bring up the obvious.

• 8 months ago

Why does that even need to be part of the conversation? and not everyone thinks the US is an amazing country.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.