How can I remove photos that my ex-husband is still made public on his Facebook account after 2 years of our divorce?

I have reported the photos several times to facebook, report violation, sent facebook authority my divorce letter but I received an automated reply saying that "the photo reported doesn't go against our community standard". How can I ask facebook to delete my photo which he has kept public just to harass me? As we are simply sitting together holding hands or other positions as there is no nudity so it doesn't violate Facebook community standards. But to see my photos with him on my ex's facebook wall is not a pleasant view and I am afraid that my current relationship may get affected for these pictures. If you guys can suggest any help please let me know.

• zgraf

Well, one action you could take is to alter your physical appearance...  Seriously.  Switch to a completely different hair color (or consider wearing a wig, etc).  Lose a lot of weight, or if you are thin, gain a lot of weight...  Maybe consider getting some tattoos or body piercings, if you are into that.  Make yourself look so different from the way you used to look in the old photos that people won't even think it's the same person!  More than likely, after some time people will stop associating those old facebook photos your ex has -- with the new you!

Awwwwwwwwwwww poor baby, You can't!

So stop stalking him and let him finally live his life in piece.                                             

best way is to hack his facebook

ring your ex and tell him to take them off

Nothing you can do unfortunately. The hard truth is they're only pictures and nobody else cares about them but you.

You can't,,not your account. He would have to do it.

• Daniel

Did you try Asking Him to Remove it ? If not that is your Best Bet if not you may be out of Luck since Facebook Refuses to Remove It

Suck it up Snowflake.  

you can ask him to do so, but you cannot delete someone's photos on THEIR account unless they are nude pictures of you [a case of Revenge-porn], or copyrighted materials, and unless they violate some rules like promoting illegal activities.. you can sue your ex for refusing to take down the pictures but it is an uphill battle, and your lawyers have to prove that his act, is seen as malicious and distressing to you.. unfortunately, i do not recommend such legal course, because these kind of cases drags-on for months and months to almost no end.. this is part of the doctrine to keep the option of reconciliation between the opposing parties open..

you should probably post this quesion under 'Law&ethics' subsection of 'Government and Politics' section of Yahoo Answers, or you can ask actual lawyers about such option - but they should confirm the fact that such lawsuits are expensive, lengthy, and often lead to undesirable effects (like wasting most of life's savings, more public exposure to the pictures [the Streisand effect], and wasted time and effort)..

You cannot. Facebook accounts are permanent, and so is everything uploaded. Took me 3 years of persistence to get my photos taken off of my facebook account after it was hacked, and they were not removed, they were just made no longer public. Whoever is on my old accounts friends list can still see the photos of me attached to an account that just spam ads for snake oil products while keeping my name. Facebook seems to think they are as entitled to my identity as I am.