Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 8 months ago

John Lennon or Kurt Cobain?

Who is better musician?

*Was, i forgot they both are dead.

No contest. Lennon has been doing it for a lot longer and he achieved a lot more, being the lead singer of the greatest rock band in history and 1/2 of the greatest song writing team in history.

It would be more appropriate to compare Kurt Cobain with the likes of Scott Stapp.

John Lennon because I prefer his songwriting and the messages in his songs.

100% John Lennon.

Lennon...............

• Ramiro

Lennon was a better poet in my opinion, i cant understand what Kurt Cobain is even saying! He mumbles too much. Besides that Kurt wrote lyrics that were for only him to understand 🎶. Lennon wrote good songs for the whole world to understand 🌎

John was more talented, but I liked Kurt’s music more

• Andrew

Each is just as talented as the other because they have both been dead for a long time, the latter for 25 years and the former for 39 years. If you're asking which was the better musician when he was alive, I think anybody would have to agree that Lennon was infinitely more gifted in terms of musical talent, but that doesn't necessarily mean that automatically elevates his music above Cobain's as talent and appeal are two completely different things. 

• john lennon by a great margin.

Actually, I don't think that is easy to answer, they were both great musicians.

John Lennon was by far the most impactful, because he was a Beatle and his influence on the music world began in the 60s... but if you were to measure John's best songs against Kurt Cobain's best songs... Strawberry Fields vs Heart-Shaped Box, I am The Walrus vs Come As You Are, and so on... well it's hard to say that one is arbitrarily better than the other. It depends on what mood you are in. Both of them made music that was radically unique in their own time, and that changed the course of modern music.

Who was the better musician?

Technically speaking, I would actually say that John was the better, just based on his experience. All of that gigging that the Beatles did in Germany before they got famous, John was a hardened muso. He was no virtuoso, no Jimi Hendrix, but he intimately knew how to do his thing on the guitar. And as a songwriter, he was amazing.

Kurt was also an amazing songwriter that was completely competent as a guitarist. To the extent that Lennon was? Possibly not. Did he make better songs? that is open for debate, but the fact that his songs are even comparable those of John Lennon indicate that he was an amazing songwriter.

• Satan

I never rated Kurt Cobain, so John Lennon.