Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 8 months ago

I bumped my head?

Happened about fifteen minutes ago... Any idea how much worse it can get later and if it will be gone soon?

Attachment image

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

I say this is gonna turn into an absolutely huge black eye. The knot u have now looks srsly massive and it's bruised already. Ur eye's gonna swell shut and turn purple. I think this can last over month even

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

15 minutes ago?? That's already looking pretty swollen, you'll definitely have a massive black eye! From experience, that's barely the beginning. It will continue to swell for a couple hours and then turn begin to turn beautiful shades of purple then later on to yellowish-greenish. 

How much worse? What you got now is a knot on your eye socket. By tomorrow it'll be very swollen and sore as heck.(Ice your eye!! There's a possibility it could swell shut)It won't be gone anytime soon, for it to heal completely it could take a couple days for the swelling to go down but weeks for the bruising to fade. Hope this helps and get well

• Edna
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You didn't just "bump your head".  Somehow, you hit your eye socket (maybe someone punched you in the eye) and now you're developing a black eye. In a few more hours, it's going to begin turning a lovely shade of purplish-green. It's going to remain swollen, sore, and discolored for 2 or 3 weeks - until the swelling and discoloration begin to go away. You might want to try putting an ice bag on it. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

The swelling will likely spread to your eye. There is some visuble bruising already so that too will spread to your eye giving you a nasty shiner which you will likely have over the whole holiday.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Ouch! I'm sorry this happened to you!

It will take some time but not much.

• 8 months ago

If you are dizzy see a doctor if you do not put ice in 3 weeks will return to normal.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Taken how huge that bump is, this is going to stay for a while. Maybe it'll give you a black eye, I'd say it will. Ouch, sympathies... 

• 8 months ago

It won't be gone soon. Maybe 3 or 4 days. No idea how much worse it will get. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.