Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 8 months ago

I bumped my head?

Happened about fifteen minutes ago... Any idea how much worse it can get later and if it will be gone soon?

I say this is gonna turn into an absolutely huge black eye. The knot u have now looks srsly massive and it's bruised already. Ur eye's gonna swell shut and turn purple. I think this can last over month even

15 minutes ago?? That's already looking pretty swollen, you'll definitely have a massive black eye! From experience, that's barely the beginning. It will continue to swell for a couple hours and then turn begin to turn beautiful shades of purple then later on to yellowish-greenish. 

How much worse? What you got now is a knot on your eye socket. By tomorrow it'll be very swollen and sore as heck.(Ice your eye!! There's a possibility it could swell shut)It won't be gone anytime soon, for it to heal completely it could take a couple days for the swelling to go down but weeks for the bruising to fade. Hope this helps and get well

• Edna

You didn't just "bump your head".  Somehow, you hit your eye socket (maybe someone punched you in the eye) and now you're developing a black eye. In a few more hours, it's going to begin turning a lovely shade of purplish-green. It's going to remain swollen, sore, and discolored for 2 or 3 weeks - until the swelling and discoloration begin to go away. You might want to try putting an ice bag on it. 

The swelling will likely spread to your eye. There is some visuble bruising already so that too will spread to your eye giving you a nasty shiner which you will likely have over the whole holiday.

Ouch! I'm sorry this happened to you!

It will take some time but not much.

If you are dizzy see a doctor if you do not put ice in 3 weeks will return to normal.

Taken how huge that bump is, this is going to stay for a while. Maybe it'll give you a black eye, I'd say it will. Ouch, sympathies... 

It won't be gone soon. Maybe 3 or 4 days. No idea how much worse it will get.