God
Lv 5
God asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 10 months ago

What is your reason for being for or against feminism ?

I am against feminism mostly because I was sexually abused as a child by a woman. I've also been told by women it wasn't a big deal. 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favourite answer

I am mostly against feminism because for at least 50 years now feminism has focused on gaining policies and practices that favor females and discriminate against males.   In support of this they have painted men as evil and the root of all problems. Feminism has created a gender divide and an overly sensitive culture that obsesses over the most minor of things.  Feminism has also tried to limit due process and freedom of speech.  

• 9 months ago

Feminism in theory is fine. But feminism in practice has been a disaster. 

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

i love sexy ladies and i love mtf trans people

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

It’s isn’t a good idea but perhaps give them a Chance to make a difference and let’s shee 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

The answer isn't from a binary choice.

• 10 months ago

"Common Sense" you haven't been alive the past 10 years. feminism has assumed all men are toxic, we are born racist, and that we are bad people all together. Feminists are sexist to assume this. I can't believe you named yourself common sense yet you don't have any.

• 10 months ago

Because I believe in equality and fairness for men and women ( and for different ages and different religions and different races) I must oppose any "ism" that acts ONLY for a single part of the human spectrum to the detriment of the rest.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

I'm for whatever feminism originally was.  Too many girls/women were abused, too many were kept dumb.... making them unable to get into a healthy relationship with me

• 10 months ago

"What is your reason for being for or against feminism ?"

I am for equality and not ideology like modern feminism is.  Today's feminism is more like cultural Marxist social engineering.

CLASSIC feminism, which no longer exists today, was about equality.  Interestingly, whenever a feminist of today is asked to define feminism, they always use the CLASSIC feminist definition of equality by equal Rights from YESTERDAY, and make no mention whatsoever about all the Leftist identity politics and radical feminist ideology that is now feminism TODAY.

You could say I hold the values of a classic feminist then?  And for that, I am often called an "anti-feminist", because for today's feminists, simple equality and equal Rights are no longer good enough.

THIS is why I am against feminism.  Because in it's current incarnation, feminists are NOT for equality in the true sense of the word.  They seek their equality through their dogmatic ideology which goes though a lot of mental gymnastics in order to conflate bigoted feminist actions with "gender equality".

• feminism promotes a "rape culture" of women sexually abusing men and boys

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.