which version of windows 10 do you recommend?

i still have a custom built windows 7 desktop pc which i got in 2015, in the near future i plan on getting windows 10 installed on another hard drive in this computer, so i have dual operating systems.

but is there different versions of windows 10 to get? like windows 10 home version or windows 10 professional or windows 10 64 bit for example?  - i don't know because i'm not a computer tech guy, i'm just a beginner in computers and only know the basics.

so if there are different versions of windows 10, which version would you recommend to me?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill-M
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

I recommend Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. *as long as your CPU is 64 Bit*

It has more features than the Home Version.

The big difference between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro is the security of the operating system. Windows 10 Pro safer when it comes to protecting your PC and protecting data. In addition, you can link a Windows 10 Pro device to a domain, which isn't possible with a Windows 10 Home device. Windows 10 Pro also has useful features such as Remote Desktop to remotely connect to another PC in the office.

Pro has Bit Locker.  

AND Windows 10 has - Local Group Policy Editor lets you control all kinds of Windows settings via a simple user interface, without playing with the Registry.

With HOME you can not access Local Group Policy Editor.

• Lv 7
    8 months ago

i recommend a version called Linux Mint.

it does everything so much faster than other versions of Windows 10, because it doesn't track everything you do, and it doesn't have apps, and doesn't let stuff run in the background without you knowing.

• 8 months ago

You need to first check and see if your computer has a 32 bit or a 64 bit processor in it. You would then need to install the 32 bit version if you have a 32 bit processor. You can use either with a 64 bit processor, but if you install the 32 version it will limit you to only 3.4 GB RAM and hard drives under 200 GB in size. So you would want to install the 64 bit version.

There is only one difference between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro. the Pro version is able to join a domain - which is normally only found in businesses. If you will only be using the computer at home, there is no reason to spend the money for Windows 10 Pro.

• 8 months ago

The 10 pro,,64 bit.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Windows 10 Home is fine for the vast majority of users. The additional features of Pro, such as drive encryption and remote desktop access are not things I would expect a typical computer user to want or need.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.