Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 months ago

My friend always make excuses not to hang out with me I feel responsible ?

My closest friend doesnt put alot of effort into hanging out or spending time together. Look we are both adults so i understand we cant be in each others pockets everyday so im not asking that.

But it does feel like im an obligation for her, like it will be and excuse and excuse and excuse then a okay. It doesnt feel like i really get much from her in the relationship. We have been friends sinse 12 years old, but never really connected looking at it, and i think a few times she has tried to leave, but that was years ago... and i feel like at the time she may have been guilted into staying friends with me and as a result not done what she wanted.

Not because i intended to make her guilty! More pitty?

Should i bring this up with her or would this make it too serious and cause her to back away even more from me.

• Tepee

The only way to know the reason is to ask her.

• Kars

What’s her backstory? Like anxiety or anything like that? My best friend and I have been friends for over 10 years and I work all the time then come weekends I just want to be alone and he always wants me to come over. It’s not that I don’t want to spend time with him it’s just I need me time and space to relax because I hate my job and look forward to the weekend to unwind. Now if there’s a holiday and I get more days off I try to go see him. It’s not that I don’t want to be around him I value our friendship and we’ve had a lot of great times together I just get so emotionally detached from everyone else :/