Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 10 months ago

I'm 18 but my brother and I are adopted, so if he is in juvie or ever got put there would I be able to call and find out?

he and I are not actual blood family but we were adopted into the same family, does that count?

WHERE?  Instead of asking this over and over with variations, how about posting WHERE?

You are adopted, you are legally family.

I don't know what information you would be allowed to receive.

I DO know that if you are legally adopted, by the same parents, you are legally the same as their natural children.

First off, they would not tell you about his whereabouts because you are not blood related.  Secondly, some facilities will not allow family to contact the incarcerated individual and will bar contact depending on the circumstances of his placement.   Only the adoptive parents would be allowed to make inquiries BTW,

well if you're adopted you're not related