Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

How do parents deal with having a transsexual son or daughter at home?

Some celebrate it, some mourn over it. It all depends on the family in question.

Why do they have to "deal with" it?

It's the trans person who has to cope.

depends on the parent,theyre all different

Some hate it. Some hate it and support it.

I'm not a parent, but I'm sure that I speak for all men when I say that it would make me proud, as a father, if my son thought it was a good idea to start wearing a dress and question his gender identity. 

Like they deal with any other child. Being transgender/transsexual doesn’t make them any less your child. They may be different than what you thought they were at birth. But not a BAD different. It’s a good kind of different, where they feel comfortable in their own skin and happy with their bodies and the way they look. Any parent may have trouble processing or even at first accepting the change, but good parents will know that their child’s happiness is above all, no matter their identity.