How to sleep with too much noise ?

Currently there is a heavy rainstorm and the noise of it is keeping me up. I am currently wearing ear protection I got from a gun shop and the noise is still coming through. And don't suggest white noise because to me all noise is bothersome.

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I think you have to listen sad songs, it helps you get sleep as soon as. 

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

I see no question posed here

• John
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I'm not a MD. But it seems you have swelling in your inner ear that is putting pressure on your eardrum if you can hear with hearing protection on and rain even during monsoon season is too loud.

Unless of course other factors come into play.

Gun noise hearing protection will let sound through that is very normal.

You might try other types like wadded cotton balls.

But the question here is what's keeping you awake? Rain is normal nothing unusual there unless.its flood rain.

Then you don't want sleep anyway.

So because you are using hearing protection meant for shooting weapons and you are trying to sleep during heavy rain I think your panic instincts are keeping you awake.

You are obviously about to die in a flash flood and are to dumb to realise due to your great weapons. You know nothing kin touch you with them thar goons in thet leetle old shanty!

• 1 month ago

ear plug.and best temperature

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Noise-reducing headphones may help, but they aren't cheap.  Then again, you posed 9 hours ago, so the rain probably has stopped by now.

• patty
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

sleep with the tv on

• Kidddas
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The weather channel 

• 1 month ago

Wear a radio walkman and have the wire inside your pyjamas. I recommend Classic FM.

• 1 month ago

It's that other people are sticking there nose in your business they have become so nosy they can have a pin drop and are blaming you for making noise just to have something to complain about. That attitude alone is enough to keep you awake.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Move to somewhere that doesn't rain so hard if you are so bothered by it. A noise cancelling machine is probably the best bet, but if your brain doesn't shut out monotonous noises, you are pretty screwed. and the only choice is relocation.

Ditch the sugar and caffeine addictions and your problems will be likely solved, but we both know that addicts don't want to give up their habit...and seemingly can't.

• ...Show all comments
    • Andy C
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Congrats on the low caffeine,  but start reading labels.  Over 50% of people's sugar consumption comes from prepared foods. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If it's not raining here, then it's not raining anywhere. I don't hear no rain

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.