Odd Tax write off question:if you are an independent contractor for an adult phone fun line, can you write off cough drops?

i make my living with my voice, and I'd just like to know if Halls Cough Drops(which i go through a *ton* of),can be written off as a business expense.

What number do we phone?

"Only the ones you use while on the job." [That smart alek answer sounds silly until you realize that is the same logic with use of your car.  Actually, idk if you can or not.]

Unless you get audited you technically can write off anything you want. Will the IRS accept that as a business expense if you get audited? No they wont because it doesnt fall in any of the designated categories. But honestly the worst that could happen is they fine you for that amount. 

You will have a small bit of explanation, but I don't see why not! AWESOME btw!