Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 8 months ago

Should I rehome my dog?

I have a 5 month old puppy... he’s an *** but I love him. He needs training which will begin late January. However when we got him my husband was different he was excited and happy but now he just doesn’t like our puppy. He says it’s your dog you take care of it if he has to go potty and I’m with the kids. He eventually takes him out but complains so much. He’s had another dog he grew up with till he moved with me and he said he was the perfect dog so I thought he’d love this one too. We also have two kids we keep them separate unless we can supervise. he’s gotten increasingly nippy towards me he’ll growl and jump up try to bite my arms or legs. Anyways growing up a family member was not good to my dogs I never got to keep one longer than 2ish years and I loved dogs. That’s same family member was abusive to my favorite dog a gsd he became very aggressive towards everyone and bit me, it broke my heart so for years I never wanted another dog. Until this one and now I feel like I made the wrong choice I think I was so selfish and dumb in getting a dog but it’s a life time commitment so I don’t know what to do I love him and don’t want to loose yet another dog but is it for the best? I feel like the worst person in the world for thinking of rehoming him. I’m so lost and sorry this is all over the place I’m crying.

He is crate trained and fully potty trained, he sits before he receives anything including his food. He knows a couple other commands he’s just overly excited I have been working on it. When we got him we had a big savings account and after my husband lost his job he’s been dealing with depression since getting hurt at his last job. So now we’re just getting back on our feet again. But our puppy has everything he needs and we’ve never missed a vet appointment or anything. He’s well taken care of

Also my toddler is not allowed to hurt out puppy he only pets when the puppy is calm and he’s never allowed to mount, hug, pull on the puppy at all. He’s pretty good with the kids it’s only when he gets excited and starts to take all my kids toys when they get frustrated so I again separate them. He doesn’t nip at them like I said he nips at me only. 

Gov't is killing you with high frequency electricity.Theotokos Virgin Mary gave prayers to "Schema-nun Antonia" on how to save aborted babies from hell. If you pray these prayers diligently, aborted babies are released from hell. On each painted nail there are 40 demons. Smoking is censer to the devil.Using foul language calls upon Pagan deities (aka demons); Holy Spirit departs on 7 meters. People who use drugs see demons who cleverly disguise themselves as ghosts and aliens.America will be last country to switch to Euro (antichrist's world currency). Contraceptives = abortion;using contraceptives for 1 year = 5 aborted kids.Miscarriages happen because of high heels; cesarean because of tight pants (second generation cesarean will be infertile).Unbaptized aborted/miscarried/unborn babies burn in hell for until Final Judgement; if pregnant, keep the kid and deliver at home because kids are chipped using IVs and vaccines in hospitals. Dentists and doctors chip patients secretly. Ultrasound leads to mark of the beast; don't do ultrasound, please. Abortion leads to breast cancer; a demon is released from hell for each aborted kid. Dogs can become possessed; don't keep dogs inside your home [Pelageya of Ryazan]. Walmart has technology to administer mark of the beast to those who have cat bacteria in their stomachs; stay away from cats [Athanasius III of Constantinople]. Next false flag is the Statue of Liberty. Above earth there is ice (hemisphere); when rockets go up they bring ice down from upper sky to lower sky; ice stuck in lower sky will fall on us during Apocalypse. Earth is flat; earth stands on 3 pillars (the Most Holy Trinity); pillars stand on water at zero Kelvin; underneath this ice there is a bubble; and then the abyss. Zodiac is planetary prison of demons; don't believe in horoscopes or you'll exhibit the traits of the trapped demons. Most thoughts and dreams are from demons; demons never do good. Sleep fully clothed; pray the Jesus prayer. Pray to your guardian angel to have normal sleep. Vyacheslav Krasheninnikov was the last prophet before Apostle John (who wrote the Book of Revelation), Enoch, Elijah, resurrected Seraphim of Sarov, and resurrected Sergius of Radonezh will preach against the antichrist. Humans were created about 7530 years ago. Birds participate in time creation. It's a sin to kill birds. Dinosaurs live under our level; they will get out through sinkholes and lakes; to kill them, go for their nerves. Save the birds; but kill the dinosaurs. First dinosaur will come out of Volga River in Russia. Scientists don't see dinosaurs under our level because of radiation. Sinkholes happen because people dig for resources underground and because earth is heating up. Demons grow human skin (from a sample taken during abduction) and put it on so as to look like us. Demons will invite people to be healed inside their UFOs; those who go will be like zombies after. Gov't provides demons with diamonds and allows demons to abduct people. If you're being abducted, slowly pray the Jesus prayer. Don't panic. Demons use diamonds and souls to power their UFO craft. The bigger the diamond, the more it lasts. Demons have 4 UFO bases: 1)moon 2)inside fake mountain Kailash (Tibet) 3)in lake Baikal in Russia 4)in Atlantis which is underneath double ocean floor of Mariana Trench (Pacific Ocean). There are no aliens. Nobody lives on other planets. Airplanes that go down are hit by demons because they need the airspace to fight Jesus. Antichrist is pale with red eyes. He's possessed by Satan since he's 12 years old [Lavrentiy Chernigovskiy]. He flies super fast; deceived people will say: "Christ is here; Christ is there" when he's flying from one city to the next very fast. He wears gloves to hide long nails. He's surrounded by demons who appear as angels of light. Antichrist will trick people that he can do mountain moving and resurrection using holograms/hypnosis; fire from the sky is real because of pollution gases in the atmosphere. Antichrist will have food only for 6 months; then he will feed his 666ed people flour from mashed up turtles (Tavrion Batozskiy), but this won't be enough because 666ed people are 10 times as angry and 7 times as hungry as normal people even though 666ed people became shorter (3-4 feet tall = 80 - 120 cm) because nanochips do function of organs (organs diminish) [Nilus Myrrhgusher]. If you have a lot of nanochips in your forearm, then you will not be able to make proper Orthodox sign of the cross (last mercy for you will be to cut your forearm off). Nanochips are sprayed by the gov't using chemtrails; they're also in gov't food and medicine; so, eat food from your own garden. In case garden is destroyed by ice from the sky, have chickens for eggs and goats for milk (Paisios). Lipstick contains cells of aborted fetuses, dog fat, and placenta; human flesh is in McDonalds, Pepsi, toothpaste, antiaging, anticancer, vaccines, perfume, etc.; that's why you should not be using anything that modern society has to offer. You're better off hiding within a 10-12 people group in order to escape Apocalypse. During Apocalypse, Chrtistians will eat dirt from under pussywillowtree as it's filled with tears of Theotokos Virgin Mary; this water will flee if a 666ed person tries to get it. Barcode is Druid black magic curse; QRcode is Mayan curse; when food is scanned, it becomes dead because laser is a substance from demons. Don't go into a UFO to be healed by demons. Green 666 is given by isotope rays on wrist or forehead when people stretch hands to receive small plastic grey card with no name on it (World Passport). It doesn't just have to be during this procedure (could be anything you sign up for or anywhere where there is a secret scanner); biometrics (fingerprints, eyes scan) or getting picture for passport are very dangerous because they could mark you secretly. Gabriel Urgebadze said that they do it on index finger when they scan your finger. Basically, try to avoid new documents at all cost. Police will microchip and isotope ray people on highways. Chipped people will be influenced by computers to take grey plastic card; but when they do, green mark by isotope rays is given on forehead/wrist. Food stores will isotope ray people too. Antichrist will also release prisoners to mark people. Reject 666 at all cost because it leads to permanent hell. If you're about to be marked, pray the Jesus prayer. Hide with Orthodox Christians to escape 666; leave all electronics behind so that antichrist's minions can't track you; burn documents because they're from Satan. The Most Holy Trinity gives you a name during baptism; devil gives an antiname during antibaptism (ex. Social Security Number). People who die with these Satanic documents go to concentration camp in hell to await Final Judgement; once the BEAST Computer is burned down, souls will be released for Final Judgement. That's why you should give back documents of your deceased relatives back to the gov't so that the gov't cancels these digital antichristian names given during antibaptism by the beast system; or just burn these documents because gov't could get upset and could send demons to mark you because of this outright act of defiance. Prophecy from half a millennium ago describes Final Judgement like this: Jesus was very upset with people who had little boards (plastic cards) in their hands because they wanted discount from the antichrist. Give to charity in the name of Archangel Michael; he rescues people from temporary hell twice a year [at midnight September 18-19 and similarly on November 20-21; pray at these times on your knees remembering the deceased by names (adding "and relatives by flesh up to Adam") so that they are rescued if they're in hell] (or brings them up a level, that is, to a level with less punishment; eventually, people are freed). Feed the pigeons; when pigeons bow down, people are saved from temporary hell. It's a big sin to remember the dead with wreaths (because demons put these wreaths on their necks if they're in hell with their hands tied up behind their back while hanging by their hands), meat, alcohol, sweets, and worldly music. Demons print icons of saints in newspapers so that you throw these newspapers in the trash blaspheming these saints. Crosses on soles of shoes and back of pants are blasphemy. Demons make carpets with crosses and put them on sidewalks so that people walk on crosses. Playing cards mock how Jesus suffered on the cross: clubs (cross on which Jesus was crucified), diamonds (four nails Jesus was crucified with), hearts (sponge with vinegar that Jesus was given to drink),spades (spear with which Jesus was pierced).Cremation is devil worship; only blasphemers such as Lenin should be burned; if Lenin is buried, earth will be polluted, and China will attack Russia because of this.After China attacks Russia, Ruski Orthodox Tsar (shown by resurrected Seraphim of Sarov) will come to power in Russia;this Tsar will slay traitors inside church and gov't; as a result, Russia will be the only country not under the antichrist.Ecumenism = 263 heresies;each heresy leads to hell. In 2006 in Moscow (that's why Moscow will sink),representatives from most religions signed a document where it says that all religions worship the same Supreme Being [aka the devil]. Priests who participate in ecumenism will have Pagans walking on their heads in hell. Arkhimandrite Antonin Kapustin left a prophecy that Church of All Russian Saints in Gorny Monastery, Ein Karem, Israel will be blessed by forerunner of antichrist; Patriarch Kirill of Russia and Mark of Berlin blessed this church in 2007. When priests pray for current gov't (instead of praying for future Tsar),Jesus gets up from His throne and turns His back to them. Forgive me.

Source(s): Women wear headscarves tied at the front to prevent headaches from sky pushing down and to prevent throat cancer. Mega-tsunami for New York will be 400 meters; then engulfed-in-lava Los Angeles will be flooded too; also, asteroid destroys Gulf of Mexico; only Alaska, Eurasia, and Africa remain (obviously without coasts). 1st big earthquake in Russia; 2nd bigger one in China (will be split in half; radiation!); 3rd biggest will be in the USA (Greek Orthodox monk Elidiy from Africa); forgive me.

It's your job as his wife to care for the puppy. 

Sorry but I got bored and didn't finish.

Yes, rehome the dog to keep it safe.

I'd also rehome the husband.

It sounds like it is just a matter of training. A dog without training is a royal pain in the A$$. Training it vital for any dog.

By now you should have taught him not to bite & fully potty trained. Now you should be working on Obedience training to learn the very basics of training.

You just may need to learn more about dogs & how to train them. A well trained dog is pure pleasure to own & it impresses people when they see an obedient dog.

You just need to learn how to train your dog. There are instruction on how to do this in many forms. You can google Basic Obedience & train the dog yourself, you can buy dog training books & train the dog yourself or you can join an Obedience Class & learn with an instructor.

I preferred the classes back when I was training.

So you got a dog, you don't want it any more and are looking for excuses to throw it away. Don't get any more pets

Your husband is right, its YOUR dog and you need to take care of it instead of expecting him to do it. He shouldn't have to take care of YOUR dog 

You also need to TRAIN your kids to treat the dog right and smack them like a good parent. 

The dog behaves badly due to YOU not training it. No one is going to want your untrained dog and will just either sell it or dump it at a shelter were it won't get adopted due to YOU not training it 

Don't feel too bad, re-homing him is the right thing to do. Dogs need as much attention as children and right now you just don't have the time. It would be unfair to the puppy to keep him in a home where he's not wanted by everyone.

This is hard for me to give you a straight yes or no, on.  I have done rescue & adoption for years for my breed.  When everyone in the home - WAS NOT "ON BOARD" we found placing dogs in such a home - DID NOT WORK OUT.  

In your case, you claim (at first) your husband WAS excited or okay with getting the puppy.  But for reasons I am not clearly understanding; he is NOT "okay" anymore.  What happened or transpired?  Does he hold RESENTMENT - that he "had" the perfect dog BEFORE moving in with you... but left it with his parents or GAVE it - to somebody else?

Was this puppy supposed to be YOUR DOG from the get-go?  It certainly seems to be ONLY your dog and not a family pet - now.  That's a BIGGIE.  Any puppy should have been viewed not unlike adding another child - BOTH of your responsibilities to train & exercise.  Instead; hubby sounds like the working mother (in most homes) where the father happily got a puppy & then dumped the dog and all entailing responsibilities on - when she already has responsibility for the kids, the house & her outside "job".  

Puppies should have started being trained in BASIC MANNERS within the home from DAY ONE. So again, where did this go OFF the RAILS?  At 5 months, the puppy should be: crate-trained, housebroken, collar trained, leash-broken & able to sit for; his bowl, treats & leash being put on, and largely or entirely OVER "the biting stage" - due to YOUR (plural) CONSTANT TRAINING of him NOT TO BITE (especially since you have children of UNKNOWN ages.)  NONE of that, requires setting foot in a formal class.

The children & the puppy are problematic.  I do NOT advocate EVER getting any dog before the youngest child is age 6.  Children younger than 6 yrs. DO NOT understand cause & effect.  Children and ALL dogs need to be supervised in all interactions - and esp young children, can inadvertently be abusive, or tease the dog and that can get them bitten.  Under-exercised and/or untrained puppies/dogs can be too rambunctious and inadvertently hurt the children.  And certainly, if you have not managed to teach the puppy who IS IN CHARGE (in your home) and stop the nipping, play biting or mouthing - that's BEGINNING TO BE PROBLEMATIC FOR EVERYBODY.

The formal training in a puppy or basic obedience class needs to have started at 3.5 to 4 months.  WHY did that NOT happen, and WHY are you WAITING until January, when you now have biting issues arising?  Yes, you can contact your vet, any rescue group or maybe the shelter/SPCA for advice or for referral to a trainer.  You can get a PRIVATE trainer to come to you and help you (ASAP) and YOU SHOULD!  

However, if husband will still not support any efforts, and also work on in-home training & getting puppy enough DAILY (aerobic exercise) yes, you may need to re-home the dog.  [A tired dog is always a better behaved dog - because it has NO CHOICE.]

If you bought the puppy from a RESPONSIBLE breeder;  then your first call should be to them for help or advice, or a possible return.   They need to know they FAILED to properly interview & educate your family - before selling the puppy to you.  They should at least HELP you find a new home, if they are not willing to take the puppy back.  If you adopted from a rescue or shelter they need to be called for help or advice or a about return (because you have SIGNED a CONTRACT with them, concerning any re-homing of said animal).  Normally, all adopted dogs MUST GO BACK to the place you got them from.  If you cannot manage the puppy - I have real doubts you can "properly" pick out a new and better home than the professionals can.  At least a good rescue group would do some TRAINING & stop the biting before re-homing this puppy and they would MAKE SURE he was neutered.

Why on earth are you waiting to start training til this dog is 6 months old?

Basic manners should start the moment you bring the dog home. Both my dogs were started the moment I met them.

I use all POSITIVE training methods, you can look up what this is. Neither of my dogs as ever been “corrected” (read PUNISHED). I lure or guide them to what I want to do, going in steps that the dog can easily learn. When they do what I want, they get a treat. When they don’t, or do something bad, or make a mistake, I ignore it, so all their interactions with me are positive.

My dogs are some of the most sweet, lovable dogs anyone has ever met, I hear that all the time. I started by picking happy puppies, then have trained them and absorbed them into my life and lifestyle in a way that gives them every opportunity to succeed and feel good about themselves.

Great dogs don’t just happen, they are guided to greatness by their human companions. In getting this puppy and not bothering to learn how to work with him you’ve basically handicapped him and now you seem to be blaming him for your own failure. LOTS of people do this, they get a puppy, don’t give it what it needs, then blame it on the dog and basically throw it away (rehome my @ss).

Shame on you.

• Jojo

From what you have wrote I would say, for the pups sake , yes do rehome him with someone who can spend the time with him each to train him and walk him each day.

Put your own feelings aside and do what is best for  this pup. At this age he is very adaptable and will not find a change of environment and owner a big deal.

Source(s): GSD owner for 57 years (UK)
  • PR

You have various things going on, and need to look at each:

1. Husband's attitude: If hubby isn't going to help, it's going to be hard. That doesn't mean it can't be done, but would be easier with his cooperation. You and he will need to decide this.

2. House training: Without cooperation on this, it will also be harder. If he is already trained, you are very much ahead. If not, you need a dog cage to make this much more successful, and easier. Cage training is a consistent way to train a dog.

3. Nipping/biting/growling: This is called "play biting" or "play fighting". Your dog is right in the middle of this stage. It will subside, but this is PLAY, and very likely NOT aggression. Look this up. There are various ways to calm a wound-up, playful pup. Ask for a sit, or roll over to his back for a tummy rub, or PUT IN THE DOG CAGE for just a little cool down period, no scolding.

4. Separating from the kids: Again, if the dog is given some periods of cool down in cage, you'll have an easier time. ALWAYS praise when putting in cage, AND give a treat. Cage should never be a punishment, nor major part of his life. Cage should also be in main living area.

Do these:

-Walk the pup, daily.

-Play with the pup.

-Teach dog to sit, using treats, and do this frequently. Start this right away.

-Put outside for potty on a long rope if no caged yard, treat after and praise. This would be easier than taking out.

-Dog cage for some calm times.

-Read more about puppy behavior, as well as play biting/fighting

-Talk with members of an animal rescue league about tips on the issues you're having (at pet supply stores on weekends)

-Continue with plans for training classes.

-Ask husband for help in some of this.

-Talk with hubby about this plan and if he is onboard and what he thinks.

It's a lot of work. It can be done, but everyone needs to cooperate. See if you can get that in place. If these things don't work, consider an older dog who is already trained.